Soul searchers

Chapter 4

I am running around the city, frustrated, searching for the rogue soul Jillian has told me about. It has been a long while since we split up and I, beginning to get worried. I begin to turn back just as I hear a loud thud and groan come from somewhere behind me.
Oh crap.
I start running as fast as I can, weaving through the streets. Eventually, my super speed kicks in, making it easier to reach Jillian.
Finally, I see her in the distance. She's lying on the ground, her pure black blood smeared across her face. I slow down as I come closer to her. She has sprung up from the ground and is battles hard with this soul. He looks absolutely awful, and is fighting rather well. The vines in his face are all black, and large bags have formed under his eyes.
Suddenly, he takes another swing at Jillian's head. She is bobbing out of the way of his attacks and is clearly having trouble fighting back. Why the he'll isn't she using her magic?
Without hesitation, wave of silver flames dances through the air after being shot from me. My powers allow me to use the power of silver flames, which I find rather cool. The flames strike the soul quickly and sent him flying into the ground. Jillian looks up abruptly to see me standing here, silver flames still visible, dancing across my palm.
"What is your problem? Why aren't you using your magic?!" I shriek at her. It's very unlike her to refrain from using her powers.
"Because I don't have-" she begins to say, but is interrupted by a sudden blinding light from up above.
You don't have what? I wonder.
"Oh great, one of them are here." I hear her mumble under her breath.
When I look up, I see a guardian angel descending from above. You see, when our uncle God thinks we can't handle something, he send us a guardian angel to help. Jillian however, particularly hates them. But what demon actually likes an angel? Gross.
All guardian angels always look lovely and, well... Angelic. But as this one floats past us flawlessly, I notice jillian's attention shift to the rogue, who has begun acting sort of strange.
Jillian starts to panic, but I don't quite know why. She almost starts running towards the rogue, looking rather fearful. But before she has a chance, the rogue rises from the ground, let's put an ear piercing screech and lunges himself at the angel.
"Move!" Cries Jillian, stepping towards the angel.
But the angel pays no attention to her.
Suddenly, a spike launches itself from the rogues hand, soaring through the air and embedding itself in the guardian angels chest.
I let out a loud gasp, as the angelic creature collapses to the hard ground. Jillian breaks into a full sprint towards the rogue, and buries her dagger into his chest shrieking
"did you bastard!"
She then tumbles to the ground beside him, catching her breath. She stands, and brushes herself off. When she notices me staring at her, she nods at me, somehow knowing what I was thinking.
I want to help the angel.
She's still catching her breath when I scurry over to the Angel, kneeling by his side.
I stroke the hair out of his face before I carefully remove the spike from his chest.
He lets out a quiet groan and closes his eyes. Then he exhales one last time before he stops breathing completely.
I try to hide it, but I'm pretty sure Jill notices when a single black tear slips down my cheek. I didn't know this angel, but he was just here to help. How could this happen?! How could this-
Another blinding light appears above us as Jillian strolls over to stand next to me, still breathing heavily.
She glances up at the Seraphs, or warrior Angels, emerging from the clouds above.
"I'm so sorry-" she stutters.
But she is rudely interrupted by booming voice of a warrior angel.
"Princess Jillaina Satana of Hellion, you have been accused of  high treason and are to be taken into custody."
The dagger that's still her hand clatters to the ground.
"What?! I didn't..." She stammers angrily as a two Seraphs grip tightly onto her arms. "I did nothing! You need to understand!" She cries, the two Seraphs slowly dragging her away into the sky.
"Brooke!" She shrieks and becomes enveloped in the blinding light of the Angels.
Oh no. This can't be happening. What am I possibly supposed to do now?

Hey everyone. I know I haven't updated in a long time, but I have been deprived of proper internet for a while. I'm not going to be able to publish each day as I promised, and might only update once a week unfortunately.

I love all of you, so thanks for your support! xoxo, Brooke!