☀️Juniper: 7

"Are you hurt miss?" The EMR person ask me.

I shake my head no. "I'm fine thank you."

"Okay, but we are still going to have to check you for anything." He insist.

"I told you, I'm fine." And I moved away from the emergency medical responder.

It was really dark standing outside the police station, as to that's where the ambulance had to drop me. The medical personal came with the police when they heard that there was a fight. After I called the police they came and tried to stop the boys, but eventually couldn't pull them off of each other. So after James accidentally hit a police officer in the face, they decided to taser both of them. Since I'm the one who called the police, and was found at the scene, I had to come in, but I wasn't arrested or anything.

I walk into the chilly police station, and see James and Adam handcuffed to two different benches. I sigh and walk past them both. I honestly just want to forget this night every happened and go home. It was just so scary, the way James described his moms deaths with that bloodshot look in his eyes. How Adam completely disregarded James's story, disgusted me.

"Miss? Are you the one who called about the domestic dispute outside of Mario's?" An officer comes up to me and ask.

"Yes Ma'am."

She nods. "If it's okay with you, we would like to ask you a few questions."

"Certainly." I reply and follow her to one of those questioning rooms.

"So I'm Detective Rhodes and I just want to let you know that you are not in trouble, I'm just here to help."

I nod. I mean detective Rhodes seemed friendly enough. Her red, orange hair brightens up the dark room that we were in.

"What is your relationship with the two boys that were arrested?" She questions.

"Well um Adam, the blonde one, is my boyfriend-"

She cuts me off. "How long have you been dating?"

"Almost two years now."

Rhodes nods,and writes something down. "And the other boy?"

"James was mostly Adam's friend, until they fell out. Actually, they were best friends. So James and I are mostly acquaintances."

"Do you know why they stopped being friends?"

After everything that happened outside of the restaurant, I'm assuming I know the reason, but I don't want to bring light to anything that's not true. "No, I don't have a clue."

"Shouldn't you know why your boyfriend, and his best friend stopped talking? And when did they stop talking?"

"I wouldn't, Adam doesn't really tell me much, and they stopped talking about almost two years ago."

"Around the same time, you and Adam started dating?"

What is she implying? "No. A couple months after."

She sighs. "Are you aware of James's past with his parents?"

"Somewhat." I answer honestly. "He told me about it tonight."

"Do you know why the boys were fighting?" She questions again, a little more persistent that time.

I hesitate. Do I really know why the boys were fighting? Was it over me? Was it over what Adam did to me? Or was it over what Adam did to James. This could be my moment to speak up about Adam. If I don't do it now, I am never.

"Will you promise me that this stays between us?" I ask nervously.

"Of course dear." Replies officer Rhodes.

Under the metal desk, my hands start to shake and my palms start to feel sweaty. Right now, I can feel every bruise, every broken bone, and every bump, that Adam's every given to me, throb. My anger starts to swell up inside of me. How could I have let him treat me this way, for two years? Not anymore.

"Well Adam, Adam he-"

"That's enough!" I look towards the door and its Adam's father who had just burst in. "My client will have nothing more to say to you without a Lawyer present." The silver haired man takes a seat down next to me, and I immediately shut my mouth.

"Did she ask for a lawyer?" Rhodes questions. "And besides she doesn't need one, there is no true investigation going on."

"It doesn't matter if she needs one, I'm here anyways. And I'll also be representing my son, Adam." Not once does Mr. Gales look at me.

But Rhodes looks at me with concern. "This is Adam's father?"

I nod.

"Do you have anymore questions for my client?"

"Nope." Rhodes responds.

"Then we are done here. Let's go Juniper." Mr. Gales gets up and escorts me out of the room. Then he rushes over to his son and starts talking to him. Adam probably called him for me. Asshole.

"Juniper," Rhodes pulls me aside. I eye the Gales cautiously. "If you want to finish our conversation, here's my card." She gives me a small white card and puts it in my hand. "But don't let Mr. Lawyer man see it. Stay safe honey." And she goes back to do whatever detective's do.

Adam sees me and smiles. He puts an arm around me and walks me to his fathers car, on our way out we see James, and they sneer at each other, but they don't interact.

I sigh. I'm always so close, yet so far away.