Chapter 4

Mary's pov
I want revenge from what he did to me. The King of Italy just bargained for Francis to come with him for hostage and knowing Francis he will go if it means saving everyone else. I asked Clarissa to help us by drawing a path through the secret passages to lead away out and she did so the plan is set. I headed for the dinning room and after about 30 minutes I said that I wasn't feeling good and I need my ladies but when I went to leave I knocked on the panel only to find that no one was on the other side. I started to panic. Sofia wasn't there and we were still stuck on this side of the panel. We were caught and lead back to the dining room. Catherine looked over at us in confusion to say the least when we reappeared. About 30 minutes later and Catherine tried to negotiate Francis release but, he said no then he had a change of heart and said "Boys grab your pick." they grabbed my friends and I was left with the King of Italy. I tried to slip away but He instantly caught me and ripped off my dress and I was left in my corset and underdress. I was scared to say the least. I glanced at my friends being taunted. They clothed, but they were being smacked and disturbing comments were sent there way. They looked Catherine's way and I soon realized she had a knife to her throat and in that moment I was truly scared for my life. "I think it's time for you to stop." The King stopped his assault on me and said, "Why should I I have more power than you as of right now." She seemed to not think so. What game was she playing? Then his men started to fall and he was stunned and he said. "How did you poison us? We all are the same thing. Drank the same thing." She smirked at him and proclaimed, "poison is an art and you have to master it and know when to use it to appeal to certain people." He looked over at the gold and glared. I didn't touch your gold Medici bitch." I was desperately trying to grab something to protect myself until, I felt a hand start to choke me. I was slowly starting to feel the burning in my lungs as I finally grabbed a fork and I plunged it into his throat. Immediately his grip released and I fell to the ground coughing feeling the relief of air returning to my lungs. I was still panting trying to get a breath. Apparently, that still wasn't enough for the king of Italy because he came right back at me.
Francis pov
We finally got out of the castle and I heard screaming coming from back inside and I ran back in the passage ways and I grabbed the nearest sword and ran back to the dinning room and I saw...
Mary's pov
I was just saying in my head Francis come help please knowing I couldn't get out of this one. All of the sudden Francis just busted in the dinning room and I saw Francis and finally Catherine spoke "You should surrender now" all he did was laugh. Then Francis jumped into action he killed the King of Italy. He grabbed me looking very concerned. I was scared of him touching me knowing the state, but I passed out before I could do anything.
Francis pov
As soon as I killed the King and the rest that were alive, I grabbed Mary and saw fear in her eyes of me, but I didn't understand. But as she was about to do something, she passed out. I took her to our chambers as I dressed her with a nightgown and laid her on the bed as I dressed for bed and went to sleep quickly.

The next morning I woke up and looked over to see Mary laying where I laid last night. I sat up and made myself presentable for the day ahead. I heard something by the bed I turned to see it was Mary and she was shaking in fear and when I walked closer to her she pushed herself against the back board of the bed trying not to be touched by me. I gently said  "Mary it's alright." she started crying from what I think was last night. I carefully walked over to her and held her close. Once she heard me, she was frightened of me. "Please don't breath loud." She squeaked out. I did what she wanted as I helped her into her clothes trying not to breath very loud. She let me dress her she was covered in bruises around her Back neck and wrists and some on her stomach. Rage. That was what I felt when I looked at my wife. The sound of knuckles on wood resounded throughout the room. I heard the sign that the army has returned and I quickly told Mary I'll be right back. I ran outside to greet them and my father asked, "where's your wife? Father she is not well she was assaulted by the king." my father looked down right shocked. "They came right after you left with all of his soldiers and she risked her life for mine and the price was she was assaulted. To. Save. Me. thankfully to the mother's skill of poisoning I was able to come back and kill the rest that weren't dead and we rescued Mary and all of her ladies but until after she was treated as such. And for her I'm eternally grateful."
Mary's pov
After Francis dressed me I went to go check on my ladies when I walked in we all gathered into a group hug as we cried together. I kinda winced in pain and they backed off a bit, but we returned to comforting each other. I finally spoke "now I don't even have my baby."  they all gave me soft reassuring smiles and hugged me lightly and I smiled at them back. I went back to my chambers and I went to bed.

The next day
I slipped out of bed and I felt A little light headed so I went back into bed and just laid there as I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't.

So I just sat back up and Francis came in and I spoke "Francis can I move back into my old chambers for awhile?"
He frowned at me.
"Mary do you have to I mean you can if you hav....you know what yes Mary you can but will you move back when you feel comfortable?" he said sadly "yeah but I just don't feel like sleeping when I sleep with you right now because of what happened."I choked back a sob.

Thank you for reading this um I know it is a weird ending but I couldn't think of anything else to write. Well next chapter soon thanks