Part 3

~Flashback~

“Jen you’re on in five” Carter, the stage director of our play called.

We were doing Phantom of the Opera and I was Christine.

I was in the back trying to calm my nerves. This was my first performance in college. Almost a year ago I had started school and tried out for the play. I hadn’t expected to get in at all and if I did I figured I would be in the chorus.   

 I never in a million years thought I would take the lead. But I did and tonight was opening night.

“Jen it’s time!” Carter called.

I took a deep breath and walked on-stage.

~Later~

“Jen! Jen!” Carter was calling. “Jen! Over here! I have something.”

He was grinning so wide I thought he was going to break his face.

The man standing beside him was tall and had blond curly hair.

“Hello Miss. Lawrence. You have quite a lot of talent.”

I blushed. “Thank you Mr. ?”

“Well that sounds amazing!” I gushed. “But I think I would like to learn a bit more before that.”

He smiled. “Well here’s my card in case you changed your mind.”

I took the card and smiled back.

“Thank you so much!”

~End Flashback~

I now wish I had taken him up on his offer. I had called him a little bit ago and told him I was interested but it doesn’t matter now.