Part 10

~7 months later~

 “Breath just breath Jeniffer.” I was thinking to myself as I sat. My hands and arms were shaking. I was so nervous.

I had gone on stage so many times and I had gotten over stage fright and now I was scared of standing in front of a few friends and family to marry the only boy I’ve ever loved. I know every girl gets scared on her wedding day but isn’t it supposed to be the happiest day of her life too? I’m just so nervous.

“Jen it’s almost time!”

“Ok. I can do this. I know I can.” I said out loud.

“Yeah you can.”

”John?” I practically squealed.

“Who else?” I heard him laugh.

“Get over here!” I gave him a huge hug.

“Now soon to be Mrs. Carmen. Are you ready?”

“No? Maybe? I don’t know. I’m shaking like a leaf and I can’t stop.”

“Well.” He said taking my arm. “Ready or not we need to get you down there.”

I clenched my hand against his as we walked.

“Ok I’m gonna hand you over to your Uncle. I’ll be right inside. Good luck.” He gave my hand one last squeeze and then let go.

“Hey Cheeks. You ready?”

Ever since I was born my Uncle has called me cheeks. I had chubby cheeks and dimples ever since I was a baby so he calls me that as a nickname.

“Ready as I’ll ever be.”

“Alright well it’s time.”

I took his arm and we started down the aisle.

I could hear the beating of my heart as we walked and waited for the point when I would take Jake’s arm. Finally it came.

“I love you cheeks.”

“I love you too Uncle Phil.”

“Jeniffer?”

 I took Jake’s arm and we stepped up to the preacher.

“Dearly beloved…”

 ~A few hours later~

 The reception is over and now I’m finishing up packing the last of my things. Jake and I are going on our honeymoon to Ireland and we have to make a 9:30 P.M. flight.

“You ready JJ?”

“Yeah.” I sighed.

“What’s wrong?”

“I just wish my parents had been here to see this.”

“They were. I’m sure of it.”

“You really think so?”

“Absolutely they wouldn’t miss it.”

He pulled me in and I rested on his shoulder.

“I miss them Jake.” I started to cry. “So much.”