Part 7

~2 Months Later~

The musical has been going on for about an hour. We were about to do “Lay all your love on me.”

“Hey Jeniffer it’s time come on!”

John took my arm and led me to the side of the stage.

“Sophie!”

That was a voice I knew extremely well. Jake. What is he doing?

“I’m sorry I lost track of time. I was around the island.”

“Guests have been arriving all day.”

“Sorry.”

As we went on with the scene and the song all I could think about was that Jake wasn’t supposed to be on stage. All I could think about was why.

When we came together when the kiss was set for he whispered, “I love you.”

Then he kissed me . did he really just say he loves me?

For the rest of the musical Jake played Sky. I was confused and couldn’t wait for the performance to end. When it finally did and the curtain fell Jake took my hand.

“I know you weren’t expecting that but John and I have been planning this for a while. I hope you aren’t mad.”

I smiled. “Mad?” I felt his face and cupped his cheek. “I’ve been waiting for you to say that you slow poke.” Then we kissed again.

He lifted me up and spun me around. When he set me down he whispered in my ear as he hugged me.

“I love you so much JJ.”

“I love you too Eugene.” I laughed.

He took my hand and walked me to the dressing room so I could change for the after-party. I changed into a V-neck turquoise shirt and my favorite pair of light flair jeans with a hole in the knee. I pulled on my whit VANS knockoffs.

“Jake! I’m done.”

He opened the door and helped me up.

“Jeniffer! That was amazing! Did you like the surprise?”

“Oh I love it!” I felt Jake aqueeze my hand.

“So are you guys ready for the party?”

“Yeah! Let’s go!!”

We spent most of the night at the party. It was so fun. We ended up going to see a movie. We saw Monsters University and it was pretty fun.