Part 9

He took my hand and led me to his car. I was still so shocked but we about when to have the wedding and where. We talked the whole way and what surprised me is that he was just as excited as I was. By the time we had gotten to the restaurant we had decided to have a spring, outdoor wedding. He helped me out of the car and les me inside.

“Ah Mr. Carmen. Right this way.”

The waiter led us for what seemed like a while until he opened a door and led us through.

“Enjoy.”

“Jake where are we?”

“Surprise!”

I jumped. I could hear so many people around me.

“Jake what is this? Did you plan this?”

“Yes!”

“How did you know I would say yes?”

“I just knew.”

H took my hand and we walked around talking to our friends.

~A few hours later~

After a long while of talking and shaking hands the party was finally over.

“Ready to go home?”

“Can we go to the park for a minute or two?”

“Do you want to?”

“Yeah let’s go.”

“Well alright then.”

We walked the short distance to the park and started walking around. It felt so peaceful and quiet. It was amazing.

“Are you happy JJ?”

“Extremely.”

He pulled me into a tight hug.

“I love you.” He whispered through my hair.

“I love you too. So much.”

We stayed in the hug for a while then started walking again.

“I miss being able to see the trees.”

“Well listen.” I paused to listen. “Do you hear them? Waving in the breeze? The moonlight hitting their branches?” I smiled. “How about the pond? Can you smell the water? Can you see the moonlight bouncing off of every ripple?”

“I can.”

He took my hand and put it on his cheek.

“And me smiling? And holding you? Forever?”

“I can?”

We leaned in and kissed.