Part 6

We walked out and drove to the airport.

“Ready?” Jake asked as he helped me out of the car.

“I guess as ready as I’ll ever be.”

“I’m going to be here don’t worry. I wont leave.”

I smiled. “Thank you Jake. For everything.”

We met Johnathon at the ticket counter.

“Jeniffer this is Rebecca Richmond. She’s my assistant.”

“Hello Jeniffer. I’m so glad to finally meet you. I’ve heard so much about you.”

I smiled politely.

“She’ll be coming with us to New York. Oh heres the script. We’ll be learning it on the plane so we can start rehearsals almost right away.”

“I’ll help!”

~A Few Days Later~

We’ve been in New York for a few days. We still hadn’t started real rehearsals yet.

“I can’t do this!”

“You’ve already gotten ¾ of the backstage and stage measurements memorized. You can do this. Or you can be a quitter.”

Jake knew how to get to me.

“Fine!”

The past few days I’ve had to memorize number of steps to get around. It has definatly not been easy. I’ve also been memorizing my lines. With the help of Jake of course.

After 3 more hours we finally were done.

“Alright let’s read lines. Jake can you read some of them? Rebecca and I can read some too!”

“Sure thing John.”

“I don’t know if I’m ready.”

“Oh don’t worry if you mess up there will only be a little laughing.” I heard Jake lagh.

“Jacob Eugene Carmen! Shut your mouth!”

“Eugene?”

“JJ!”

I just laughed.

For the next few hours we read almost the whole musical. We had a lot of fun even though we messed up a bit.

When we went to the hotel and I finally got in bed I realized for the first time in a while I was truly happy despite my blindness.