Day 1

1: Write about whatever tickles your fancy.

Well, this is the Reaping (Hunger Games) in Gale's POV o_o

Because I'm doing this on my phone..

CAPITALS= THOUGHTS.

*************************************

Effie Trinket, the imbecile with pink hair, rummaged through the ball before taking a folded white paper in her slim fingers. PLEASE DON'T LET IT BE KATNESS, I silently supplicated. LET THE ODDS BE IN OUR FAVOUR, JUST THIS ONCE.

Effie opened up the paper. I waited for her to read the name out.

IT WON'T BE KATNISS, I assured myself. And it wasn't.

"Primrose Everdeen."

Shock ran through me as I turned my head to the aisle. Little Prim was walking down, putting on a brave façade, the back of her blouse sticking out like a duck's tail. How could she have been selected? Her name had been literally one in thousands. Prim was only twelve...

THIS IS SICK.

In the silence I heard a strangled gasp. Katniss. I knew what she was going to do because I would do the exact same for my brothers. She would never let Prim go into the games. Never.

"I volunteer!" Katniss shouted as she barged her way through Peacekeepers in order to get to the podium.

Despite knowing they were coming, those words rocked me to my very core.

"I volunteer as tribute!"

*************************************************************************************

(This wasn't the whole thing but I guess if you wanted I could upload the rest)