Chapter 14

Still, not a word has been said as we sat on the cold and unforgiving ground. Aiden took one of his candles and lit it up and placed it on the floor, using the wax to keep it up. The small flame offered little warmth so we all huddled together trying to keep warm, I couldn't feel my fingers anymore. We all just sat there, staring at the flame, silent from what had just happened. Chloe died and so did Michael. That demon is still out there. There's another called Ben. And we just entered an unknown room with various doors and paintings of arrows on the walls. We continued to stare at the flame, then it flickered.

"Is no one gonna talk about Ben? That name we saw carved into the wall before Dakota slammed the-" Johanna started, but Ashton interrupted her.

"We don't need the details, Johanna. I think we all saw it."

We spoke without looking at each other and instead looking at the fire.

"It's the same name we saw on the wall. Daisy+Ben" Calum didn't add the last 2 names and I was thankful.

"Maybe Ben is her ex, and she's just a psycho ex girlfriend." Johanna chuckled. The possibility was comforting because that meant Ben was on our side, but that was too unrealistic.

"Wait a minute. You might be right." Calum sat up straighter. No one looked at him but he explained.

"My friend-the one I told you was Daisy's son-, well he said his mom was cheating on his dad. His dad never found out and he only found out the day she said she loved them. She left for work and her son was dropping off her lunch, but he saw her kissing someone other than her husband. I think it was Ben."

"That's a pretty good theory, but why is Ben helping us?" I asked.

"Maybe she didn't tell him about her husband and he expected her to be single, so once he found out, he broke things off."

"You said that everyone just died mysteriously?" I asked.

"Wait my friend's mom worked here and he told me something about her 'crazy co-worker'" Luke added. "He said that she overheard Daisy threatening to kill everyone if he didn't get back with her. So he refused and then she killed everyone."

"WHERE WAS THIS INFORMATION BEFORE WE WENT IN HERE?" Johanna yelled and we shushed her.

The theories seemed real and it did offer an explanation for all this chaos. I just didn't understand how she killed so many people. I stood up and finally broke everyone's gaze from the candle.

"We're getting out of here. Stand up."

Everyone looked at me and scrambled to get up, I took the candle from the floor and decided it would be a waste to blow it out so I kept it and used it for light. I started to follow the arrows and didn't look inside the doors on the wall because I already knew what was in there, or I had a pretty good idea of what I might find; a rusty bed, writings on the wall, and maybe a teddy bear or two. If this Ben guy was really helping us, then the arrows will point to the way out. We got to the final door and the arrows stopped there. There was a small window on the door and looking through it was the only way to know if it was safe. I was scared and terrified of looking through it. I didn't like suspense or jump scares and this was a combination of the two, but this was my fault and I deserve everything that happens to me so I looked through. I saw more arrows pointing to one direction and a hallway that turned to the right. There were also doors with crooked metal plates next to them that had a letter and a number. My heart was about to pop out my chest from fear and I pulled away from the window.

"You okay?" Ashton asked.

"Right now? No. Terrified. But we're gonna go through this door and face whatever's coming because we're gonna get out of here and when we do, we'll tear this place down." 

"I believe you Dakota." Aiden smiled and I noticed something in his hand, it was his tape recorder I think.

"Whatever you do. Please don't die." Aiden said, we smiled but it was evident pain still lived in all of us. I touched the door handle and pulled it open. We went inside and then bright lights like the one in the cafeteria turned on and quickly shut off, leaving everyone blind. I thought I heard someone scream, and someone try to grab on to me. Then I felt like I was being taken.

XxX