Chapter 10

"Im done here."

She stood up and picked up her flashlight and candles. In the horror movies things like this would always happen, a person makes a stupid move and they die. As much as I despised Chloe right now she's still my best friend.

"Chloe don't go! You might get killed either by the house or Daisy herself. You're still our bestfriend." Calum pleaded with her.

She paused for a moment but then continued to turn her back to us and walk up the stairs. Being a stubborn person and not learning anything from horror movies, I got up myself and ran towards her and grabbed her arm pulling her back.

"CHLOE YOU'LL DIE!"

"SO WHAT DAKOTA? I'VE GOT NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE!"

"Your family! You'll lose your family!"

She whipped her head around, "My family doesn't love me Dakota! My brother lets them beat him around just so they won't beat me. Why do you think I'm never at home?!"

My arms went slack and my grip loosened as she ripped her wrist from my grasp. I guess nobody new this until now since everyone was silent.

"The only way they don't beat my brother is if he leaves the house too. But he doesn't leave because they'll call the cops on both of us and we'll both be back at the house. So my brother told me to leave, but sometimes I stay home so he gets a break. I have nothing left to lose Kota, if I die at least my brother can get away."

"...well. Chloe have you tried calling the cops on your parents?" Luke added.

"No! I can't! They torture me and my brother to the point of breaking us to pieces. Imagine if I put them in jail and they come out. I'm scared okay?"

"Just stay here Chloe. You might not have a perfect family but at least you have a family here with us." I pleaded one more time.

"I'm sorry Kota. I've got nothing left to lose, I'm going." She had tears brimming her eyes -just like me- and she wiped them away as she turned around and walked up the stairs and out the door. I turned around completely defeated and I collapsed on the cold concrete. Everything is going wrong and it's all my fault.

"It's all my fault, it's all my fault, it's all my fault." I repeated over and over. My hands were holding my head, afraid that it would explode, and I felt them shaking with fear or guilt or both.

"Kota we're gonna get out of here." Ashton attempted to calm me down but it only riled me up more.

"How do you know Ashton? Chloe just fucking left and she's gonna get killed because of me! Oh god" I bent over and started gasping for air and my head started spinning.

"Kota are you ok?" Johanna asked.

I couldn't breath so I just nodded no. My chest felt as if it was going to collapse and I couldn't stop crying.

"I think she's having a panic attack." Calum waved everyone to back off as he came closer and rubbed my back.

"I..I can't b-breathe." I managed to choke out.

"What do I do?!" He panicked.

"Stop it!" Johanna added, not very helpful.

He needed to distract me.

"Distract m-me."

Luke tried telling me how we'll get out alive but Michael stopped him and started telling jokes. Ashton butted in and started talking about his girlfriend but all this noise was only making it worse. Then, Calum gripped my shoulders and pulled me in for a kiss. Suddenly my mind was filled with colors and air filled my lungs. I've kissed one or two other guys, but I've never felt something like this. Maybe it's probably because I've never been kissed during a panic attack, duh. Or maybe it's because this time I'm kissing someone I actually like, maybe even love. I could finally breathe again once he pulled back.

"Th-thanks,"

His eyes looked onto me.

"Not how I imagined our first kiss would be but, I panicked." He smiled shyly.

"Who cares. At least Kota's fine now." Michael interrupted. I almost forgot that they were even there.

"Way to ruin the mood asshole," Ashton threw a candle at him. The room soon filled with laughter. We were just a couple of teenagers stuck in an insane asylum, we needed a break.

XxX

This is for all of u who wanted me to update ily

aLSO I CAN'T WRITE ANYTHING SCARY WITHOUT HAVING SOMETHING FUNNY IN IT BC I CANT TAKE ANYTHING SERIOUS LMAO SORRY