Chapter 1

{Rosie's Point Of View}

"I've know you for almost 6 years now, and I only have one rule for when your in my lab. 'If you pick something up, just put it back where it was.' And what do you do?" Chase jokingly asked me. I give a long sigh. "I pick things up and don't put them back where I found them." I say with a huff and cross my arms. I hear Emerson laugh to himself, due to my and Chase's bad acting. Chase laughs and walks away. "Really though, put things back." Chase says, going back to whatever he was previously doing before he had to go hunt down one of his missing tools. "Fighting again?" Harper asks, walking through the lab doors, with Hazel on her tail. "What's that?" I ask Hazel, ignoring Harper's question. "Emerson, what this? He had me pick it up for him, I have no idea." Hazel says whispering the last part to me. "You wouldn't understand even if I tried to explain." Emerson says, taking whatever Hazel has, and then thanking her. "He's probably right." Hazel says.
Let's just say, Hazel and I aren't the smartest people around. Harper on the other hand, reminds me of a female version of Chase. Much less annoying though.
"As we still watching a movie tonight?" I ask. "Movie?" Chase asks. "Ummm, yes. We planned this yesterday!" I say. "I remembered!" Emerson says walking over to us, managing to tare himself away from whatever project he's working on this time. "I'm glad someone remembered." I say giving Chase a playful punch on the shoulder. "Oh! Emerson. I need help with math again." Hazel says, taking of her backpack and throwing it up on the counter. "So what's the big  project this time?" I ask Chase over the sound of Hazel sorting through papers.
"Since my dad wouldn't tell me how he made his iron man suit, I'm figuring it out by myself so I can make my own." Chase says. "Do I get one?" I ask, "I would like it to be dark red and black." "Nice try. You got your magic, Hazel has mad fighting skills, Harper can mostly likely lift her dad's hammer, and Emerson is gonna break out into the Hulk any minute now. What does that leave me with?" Chase says, making us all laugh. "A LOT of money?" I ask laughing.
"Well if you guys want to eat dinner before we watch our movie, then you should hurry up and finish whatever your doing." I say, pulling out my phone and scrolling through about 20 Twitter notifications. "Let's go then." Chase says, dropping whatever he was doing. We make our way down the hall, with Hazel and Emerson in the back, with Emerson still trying explain Hazel's math to her. "Hazels birthday is in a few days." I say in a hushed tone for Chase to hear. "What about it?" Chase asks. "Well what are we gonna get her?" I ask, stating the obvious. "You usually buy the gift, and I sign the card. Can't we just do that again?" Chase asks in a whiny tone. "I still want to know what you think we should get her. Your a genius. Any genius birthday ideas in that brain of yours?" I ask. "No, but I do have an idea for my armor...you guys get me some food, I'll be right back!" Chase says, turning and running back towards the lab. Emerson pulls Hazel out of the way, before she gets run over my Chase. "I should have seen that coming." I say to Harper,making her laugh. We turn into the Dining hall area and put out things down on an empty table. Everyone looks at us, while trying to act like they're not looking at us as we walk in. Either because Emerson is so tall, or because they all know who we are. I'll go with option number two. "OH MY GOSH YES!" Hazel says literally jumping up in the air, making everyone who wasn't looking at us, now look at us. "Cheese fries!" Hazel says, "Why is no one as excited as me!" "We try not to scream cheese fries in public places." Emerson says patting her on the back. Hazel gives a shy smile and walks with us to get in line. "What does Chase want?" I ask Emerson. "More hours in the day to work. Just kidding. Cheeseburger." Emerson says with a deadpan expression. We order our food and sit down, with Hazel ordering 2 cheese fries. She claims its her cheat day, yet she eats 2 servings every time they have cheese fries. We eat for about 5 minutes before Chase runs into the dining area. "Guys, you need to come see this." Chase says. We all get up and run down a the hall after him. "What's wrong?" Hazel asks running along side me. Chase ignores us, scanning his lanyard to open his lab doors. "Kids." I hear Tony's voice, and once I walk in, see his face on the monitor. "1.Hazel, you have cheese on your face." Hazel blushes, immediately wiping her face. "2. We're in big trouble."