Chapter 3

Tonight was the dance and I was getting dressed

Tonight was the dance and I was getting dressed. I decided to go, well Meshay talked me into going. She and Jenna was going without dates and thought I should go with them. I agreed. But I'm going to right with my friends and meet them up there.

Tiffany and ryshelle was happy that I decided to go, but they still don't know who or what changed my mind.

They rented a limo to pick us up and take us there and it should be here soon. So I trued to get cute as fast as I can. Since it was stopping here first, I probably had less time than I thought. That mean I was going to have to ride alone with JJ until we pick everyone else up.

I finally finished getting ready and just in time too. I walked out behind JJ but before we made it to the door he stopped me.

"Where you going?" He asked.

"Uh, the dance. Duh." I pushed him out of the way and got in the limo.

"You owe me." He got in behind me.

"Whatever." I responded.

We didn't talk to each other at all. He texted the whole ride and I just picked at my nails and tried to not look his way. Every so often I'll glance his way. He looked really handsome. I wanted to be nice and pay him a compliment, but knowing him that'll turn into an argument.

We came to our first stop and it was his friends. I was a little mad because I was sitting here alone while they talked. A few minutes later we was at Ry house. I was glad, because this was awkward. And I'm glad that Tiffany was with her.

The ride was less awkward. I rarely talked to anyone except Melvin. I liked him. He was cool. We never talk aside from speaking, but at least he spoke.

After we made it to the dance, we all walked in together. They were all arm and arm together and I stay a little behind. I already felt out of place. And when we walked in, I felt more out of place like everyone was staring at me laughing.

I looked around for Meshay and Jenna, but they were nowhere. I felt like they convinced me to come so that I can look stupid and they can have something to laugh about. I knew I should've just stayed home.

I sat at a table by myself and looked around smiling. I didn't want to look sad so I found joy in everyone else's fun.

I rolled my eyes when I saw Jordan walking my way. He was really a nice guy, but I didn't like how he was. He's been nothing but nice though.

"Hey Leniya. You look nice." He complimented.

"Thank you Jordyy." I smiled

"Do you want to dance?" He asked.

"Yea, why not." I stood up and took his hand.

I was glad he asked me to dance because I seriously thought I was going to be sitting there all night doing nothing.