10

She was excited and looked at the animal control website till around 10 o'clock, then grabbed her purse and said she would be back later. I spent most of the day passed out on the corner of the bed with Sponge Bob on. I had weird dreams as if I was tripping on acid, but obviously I wasn't. I herd rustling of plastic bags and dog nails hitting the tile floor, I laid there trying to fake sleep till I was receiving wet slobbery kisses. I sat up and wiped my face off with the bottom of my shirt, Rey ran over "Sorry babe I should've kept him with me." I looked at our new dog, his silver grey coat shining in the summer evening light "So ya got us a pit bull, what's his name?" she smiled scratching between his ears "Thor, after the superhero not the Norse god." I laughed a bit and sat down next to her petting our dog. I looked over to the table "What else did ya get?" she smiled and got up emptying the bags out "I got you a surprise, close your eyes and put out your hands." I rolled her orders and waited till she told me to open my eyes. I unfolded the soft cloth and held it out in front of me "You got me a skeleton onesie! Oh my god I love you!" I jumped up and lifted her up and spun her around. She laughed "Wow I wasn't expecting that reaction!" I set her down "I also got myself a pizza onesie, glow in the dark face paint because why not, and fog essentials. And since you have met Thor I'm gunna put on his proper collar and not the animal control one." she grabbed a black spiked collar and pug it on the dog then put the tags on the collar. Talking to the dog she said "Your now our baby." she had him jump up onto our bed and we fell asleep with our baby curled up by our feet. At around 3am I heard a blood curtailing scream I jumped out of bed to see a young man in our room Rey holding a knife and Thor at the mans feet, I jumped up and body slammed the guy to the ground. Thor moved to the guys head and was growling over his face, Rey handed me the knife and called the police and hotel security. I gritted my teeth as I got up still pointing the knife towards the guy, it felt like an eternity before the cops came and took him away. "Rey tomorrow we're going somewhere else, and that dog has earned his keep." I said pointing to Thor now sleeping in front of the door, Rey put her arms around my waist and asked "Where are we going to go? Other hotels won't let us stay with Thor." I sat on the counter "We could ask Brendon, he's the closest we have to a friend out here." she nodded looking at her phone "It's almost 4am so what should we do?" I shrugged my shoulders and looked out the balcony. "There's a Walmart across the street, let's go walk around in our onesies in Walmart because we can." she quickly changed and grabbed her phone "Let's pack up while we're at it." she put her hair in a messy bun and grabbed our bags and Thor. It was a bitter cold night but we chilled out and had a good time.