ten.

"Charles, I'm leaving..." I said softly as I walked into his room. Trying not to wrinkle my nose at all of the bottles littering the floor.

"Are you going to find your sisters?" He asked me as he turned around to face me. My eyes softened as I saw the tears in his eyes and I ran forward to give him a hug.

"You're right, it's time that I actually meet them. I just wish I had made that decision at a better time. I don't want to leave you."

"Love, you need to do this. You need to meet them; I can survive on my own for two weeks. Well, I do have Hank with me." Charles said with a rueful smile.

I touched his face gently. "I will be back in two weeks, I promise. I'm not leaving you again..."

"I know, you better get going, or else you're going to miss your plane." He told me as he turned away. I sighed as I walked out, stopping to turn around and look at him.

"I found the ring." I said in a whisper as I walked out. Hank was waiting for me at the bottom of the staircase with my bags. "I'm ready."

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" Hank asked as I gave him a hug.

"Charles needs you, besides, this is something I need to do on my own." I said, "take care of him for me."

"Always." Hank said with a smile, but then we heard knocking at the door. "Can I help you?" Hank asked as he opened the door.

"Uh... Yeah, what happened to the school?" The man asked as he peered in through the door.

"The school's been shut for years." Hank explained

I stepped forward now. "Are you a parent?"

"I sure as hell hope not. Who are you?" He asked looking at the two of us.

I gave him an odd look, why on earth is he here. "I'm Rita Valentine."

"Good you're still here." He said, which was really weird, and then he glanced at Hank. "And you?"

"I'm Hank. Hank McCoy. I look after the house now." Hank answered.

The man gave him a surprised look. "You're Beast? Look at you. I guess you're a late bloomer."

"I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm gonna have to ask you to leave." Hank said as he tried to close the door, but this mystery man was pretty strong.

"So where's the Professor?"

"There's no professor here."

"You're pretty strong for a scrawny kid. You sure there's not a little Beast in there?" The man taunted.

"No, he's not here." Hank replied stubbornly as I stepped forward and tried to help him close the door.

"Come on, Beast. Come on, Beastie."

"Buzz off!" I said annoyed, and then he broke through the two of us and waltzed in.

"Hey! I said the schools closed. You need to leave." Hank said following him.

"Not until I see the Professor." The man said again.

I stood to the side watching; I guess I'm going to miss my flight. "There's no professor here, I told you that."

The man shoved Hank back and he stumbled to the ground. "Look, kid. You and I are going to be good friends. You just don't know it yet."

"Are you okay?" I asked as I went to Hank's side. He nodded as he started to turn blue. "I'll just move out of your way..." I said as Hank went leaping after the man, like, well a beast. I heard screaming and shouting then the man who so rudely barged in came flying out of the left hallway and into the other staircase.