fifteen.

Thousands of people will be gathered here today. They've come from all over the world to witness history, along with news crews from at least fifty different countries.

"Can I see your invitations, please?" A man asked as I pushed Charles' wheelchair.

"Yes, you may." Charles said as he forced the man to believe that we had invitations. "These two are with me."

"Go ahead." The man said.

"Thank you." I said smiling as I pushed them through.

Logan was behind us as he stepped through the metal detector apprehensively, but as is normal, nothing happened. "Logan!"

We stood amongst the crowd as Charles tried to find Raven, but I couldn't see her at all. So obviously, she is hiding as someone else, other than her blue form, or her preferred blonde. "I haven't found her yet, but she has to be here."

"The President of the United States." A voice rang out.

President Nixon stepped out to address us: "My fellow Americans... today we face the gravest threat in our history, mutants. We have prepared for this threat. In the immortal words of Robert Oppenheimer: 'Behold. The world will never be the same again'."

"I have her." Charles said, and then he pointed at a man who was apparently Raven. "There. You see? Secret Serviceman."

I spotted him, "left of the stage."

"Got him." Logan said as they walked away, I went to follow, but Charles stopped me as we looked at the stage as the Sentinels began to power up.

"That can't be good." I said as they rose into the air.

"Raven, please, listen to me. We've been given a second chance to define who we are. Don't do this." Charles spoke to her when I moved closer to Charles, if what he told me about the sentinels is true. They could end us all, right here, right now. Or at least some of the most powerful ones here.

"Gentlemen, you cannot pass this point..." Nixon said, but then the sentinels started to fire at everyone. I jumped in surprise as people screamed and ran in all different directions. I ducked down as bullets rained over our heads, but that didn't seem to help me much.

"Rita!" Charles shouted as a few bullets hit me, one in my leg and the other in my side.

"I'm fine." I muttered as he tried to help steady me, but that doesn't work very well when you're in a wheelchair. "We should probably get out of here." I said as I looked around, but with all of the people running around, if I tried to get Charles out, they would just knock him over. "I'm gonna kill Erik, or at the very least seriously injure him. Poison, poison sounds good."

"I think you're going to get your wish." Charles said as he pointed up as a huge dark shape flew over the lawn. I gasped as I looked up and saw a stadium floating over, a complete stadium. Just not very stable.

"We're moving now!" I shouted as metal rained down on us, I tried to move us, but a piece of it landed right in front of us.

"Charles! Rita!" Logan shouted making me look over, then up as I saw a dark shape. Charles and I had only seconds of warning as I tried to make vines to cover us as Charles pulled us to the side. We were enclosed in darkness before I felt something very heavy and pointy land on my leg.

I gasped in pain as the vines fully covered us, putting us in complete darkness. I couldn't think much for a few moments as I tried to clear my thoughts and focus on not passing out. Eventually I could focus again and removed the vines, light shined through as I tried to look around. Only to notice that we were pinned to the ground. "Are you okay?" I asked Charles when I could finally bring him into focus. His head was bleeding slightly and he was pinned below me.