Chapter 5

Kian still picked me up after school even though I couldn't do any practice. He said it would be better than walked home with a sore foot. It's such a relief, when I didn't have to listen to Louis Walsh's faking infront of everybody. Flashed back his words yesterday, a hot drop of tear fell off my cheek.

"Mel, what's wrong?You're crying."

"Um, nothing serious Kian.."

"Tell me. I wanna know if it's related to us."

"No it isn't." Yes is it Kian. I mumbled as well as wiped my tears away.

"What makes you cry so easily then? You were ok before."

"No, I'm still fine", I thought of an alibi, "There's something in my eyes and I need to get rid of it."

"O..k."

Kian rode me home. I hugged him farewell and went inside. My twisted foot hurted every step. Kian came and carried me like a princess straight to the frontdoor.

"Kian! What the heck?"

"You have a bad day, so I decided to cheer you up."

"Oooh, who's this handsome prince?", my mum opened the door and gasped.

"KIAN! PUT. ME. DOWN!"

After had a good laugh, Kian gently put me down to the sofa. What a gentlemen.

"Thank you," he smiled

"Why do I always blurt out my opinion?"

"You better put your hand over your mouth then, or it'll be awkward like the other day. Haha!"

"Very funny," I playfully slapped Kian. "Oww."

"You two hungry? Can I make something guys?," asked my mum

"No thanks, I'll be having dinner with the lads later on," Kian said

"Aren't you supposed to be practising now,Mel?"

"Yes, but I accidentally twisted my left foot. It's ok mum, 5 or 6 days will be enough for recover. By the way Kian, when's the concert?"

"You will perform in 14 May 2010, we'll have three nights there. Moreover, two nights, including yours, will be recorded, DVD blu-ray will release in August. In the next two months, you'll be deciding on your costumes, rehearsing with special equipments, and at the same time visiting the O2."

"Ok, thanks Kian."

"I have to go now. Bye and have a good evening."

"Goodbye Kian. Thank you and you too."

My prediction was right. My injured foot healed in just a few days. I was be able to walk normally again, and as a result, continue the dance practice, and face to face with Louis Walsh.

You would probably guess how Louis treated me. Like this for example:

I was rehearsing I'm Already There with the lads, and when the song finish we took a break, and I tried my best to look out for Louis. Unexpectedly, I still ran into him in the hallway.

"Mel, I don't know what the lads fancy in you. You're just a lucky fan who accidentally appeared in their audition, and above all this is Australia, not in the UK, and to be honest, you have absolutely no talent of singing or performing at all. I think you should leave."

"But why? You don't need a professional one do you?"

"I don't give a damm about what you're saying. I expect you to leave in the next two weeks, when I come back from my business trip."

Those words just torn my heart apart. I ran into the bathroom and cried out loud.

"Mel?"

God it's Nicky. I quickly took the bidet shower and spray it all over me, and walked out.

"Mel, what happened?"

"Oh, the bidet spray was going crazy."

"Was that all? Your face are red."

"Sunburn. Too common in Australia."

"O...k then," Nicky said with concerned.

"Hey Mel, come to the auditorium we have something to discuss about," Mark called out.

"I'm coming Mark."

I came to the auditorium, while trying to wipe away my tears. I didn't wanna let Westlife know what happened, I didn't want pressure on them, since it was their manager.

"Hello Mel, Simon Cowell, nice to meet you."

"Hello Simon, nice to meet you too," I fake a smile and shook his hands.

"I guess within already a month of rehearsing, you should clearly know the steps and parts right?"

"Yes I am."

"From now, March to the first week of May, you will be meeting with our tour staffs, that's including our band, dancers, producers,...The arena is the O2 in London. Also we have special stage features, effects and equipments you might have know but you never try."

"So it'll be for the full two month?"

"The tour staffs, you will meet them at this time everyday. At the last week of April we will visit the O2."

"Ok, thank you Simon."

"Thank you, have a good day people," Simon said and walked out.