Chapter 10

*cough**cough* *clears throat* "Ughh.."

It's 5 pm on a Saturday in New York City the singer is apparently still in bed because of a flu. I hate myself, Taylor thought to herself.

This morning she didn't feel well, she may not be a morning person, but this is different, when she woke up this morning her body feels tired to move, her head is aching, and her throat is sore. Noticing these symptoms made her feel annoyed at herself; this is something that she doesn't want to receive in the morning. What makes it even worse is that today happens to be the day when Karlie gets to have a blind date with that guy. She would like to help her bestfriend prepare for the night since wants to give some support to her best friend, even though she is kind of hesistant to do so.

Ever since Taylor started to have these feelings towards her bestfriend, it's been an internal struggle for her. At first she was in denial with her feelings; thinking that it's just another admiration that she gets with, especially that its from a social media, so she avoided it for now, but boy she was wrong. Taylor is getting these feelings in effect whenever Karlie would text or face time with her, except the time when Karlie mentioned about the other details of the date. One time she visits Karlie at her house to bake she gets these inner struggles that everytime Karlie would give her that heart warming smiles and hugs, her body would kind of weaken but she tried to snap back from it, she just realized how flirty they are to each other back then, especially when Karlie gave her that kiss, it made her feel like dying from recalling those events.

Ever since she told Karlie that she wants to stay best friends, it now made her feel so pathetic and stupid. She thinks that she's so thich not to realize it from what she sees it to be. Now, she doesn't want to hurt and confuse Karlie for the feelings that she is having; she doesn't want to ruin her friendship again or even make it worse. It would be selfish of her.

Right now, she's lying down on her bed, wrapped up with her blankets. She grabbed her phone beside her bed and messaged Karlie.
T: Hey Karlie, I'm really sorry but I can't come later because my publicist told me that I have to deal some paper work that needs to be discussed and signed. I'm really sorry again! I wishes you have fun on your good night. Just text me when you can! Love you! XOXO
A few minutes later...
K: Oh that's okay, don't be. I understand. I'll let you know what happens. Have fun on doing those paper work later tonight. Hehe~ Love you too!
T: Oh I'll try to make it fun. :T Lemme know what happens since later would be boring.

K: Ehehe.. Talk to you later~

T: Sure!

As Taylor puts her phone back on bed table, she drinks some water from her water jug. She doesn't want to ruin Karlie's night, though she does want the date not to happen, instead she wants to be with her. Taylor admits that what she thinks is selfish which is not proud of, but for Karlie she wants her bestfriend to have a good night.

That day, she doesn't have that enough strength to get out of bed. She did took some aspirin, but it only did some slight changes. She thinks that she just needs to rest. Sh doesn't want to bother anyone especially those who are busy and or far away; Cara left New York for work a few days ago, her family is in Nashville. She doesn't have a choice but to call her body guard downstairs to buy her some take-out soup, some aspirin and some gatorade and feed her cats. Thankfully her body guard, Sam, is considerate to help her. I told him not to tell anyone about my sickness for she doesn'twant anyone to worry, unless she permits it, which he obediently did.

Karlie POV

It's 5 pm Karlie's is getting her outfit for later. Karlie is somewhat hopeful that this date would be a good step in moving on. The date will be 8 pm somewhere a number of blocks to the east. Before she dons her outfit, she checks up with Taylor as to how she's been doing.