Chapter 6

Ace
      "Michelle" I say to myself, I go over her files and drop them a minute later.

"Found any clue yet?" My friend Adal says, throughout the years he's been here, one if the people I trusted when I lost my parents "Are you sure she's the one?"

"I'm not even sure what to make of this?" I pick up the file again and go through the pictures I got of her earlier.

"They don't look alike, she looks more like the driver's daughter" He places their pictures side by side and compares them "See the resemblance?"

"Still..." I take a deep breath and think for a minute "Is the tournament still holding?"

"Yeah, the names have been submitted... why do you ask?"

"I have a plan."

                             ***
     I entered into the classroom and hoped no one would take my presence seriously then the teacher yells from behind "Ace welcome, if you need to know, I don't tolerate late coming..."

"I'm not a student..." The whole class was silent and he pushed his glasses forward "You look like a king to me but as long as you're in my class, I'm the king of it... Your grace." The class becomes noisy again.

"Hey Aiden." Darklocks waves at me, finally someone treats me normally...She does I ignore my thought and sit down next to her.

"Have you settled down?. " I say to her and she nods "I'll watch her every move."

"Good, speaking of watching." The class goes silent and the lecturer clears his throat.

"And now the names of students participating in the gladiator event this evening Eddy, Ace or should I say your grace?, Leo,  Ari, Kate, Alexander, Xan, Horsah, Trelk, Kimberly, Darklocks, and Michelle Holly." The teacher announces and the class becomes noisy again, it was done, soon I'll know for sure.

"I'm sorry...but I didn't sign up for this" Michelle waves her hand and gets his attention "I never wrote my name down." I hold back my smirk and compose myself.

"Miss Holly, you had a week to decide that and you didn't bother withdrawing..." He folds the paper and drops it on his desk "There's nothing I can do, it has to be disapproved by higher authority" He looks my way and I roll my eyes.

"Actually, no need... I'm good." She says quickly "I can do this" The class was over in an hour and I head for my quarters.

"Your grace, it's you wasn't it?" Leo comes up to me "You put her in this?"

"Put her in what?" I smirk at him knowing my smug look would piss him off more.

"Leo stop!" Michelle holds his arm, they belong together... they're way to clueless for their own good, he's better at catching up to these things "Are you crazy?" He's about to talk but I intercede...

"Why would I?" My smirk increases, this boy doesn't know anything the fact that he's just a pawn in all this makes it funnier "I wouldn't want to hurt your... girlfriend?, friend?... whatever you two are"

"I know your family's history with witches... and you know she's weak-"

"Okay, that's enough... I am not weak, just because you don't see me using my powers doesn't mean I am. Now just back off." Hmm, this girl's all about girl power.

"I'm your friend Michelle." He holds her shoulders, as much as I'm enjoying this soap opera, they're wasting my time.

"If you are... then at least, believe me. Ace has nothing to do with this, it's a mistake... Why would he go through so much trouble?" She looks at me with so much trust, I hate myself for doing this, she trusts me... yet I'm abusing her trust.