Chapter 12

"Hey Micky, are you alright?". Cassie says touching my hair "Are you sure, you can make it to class?."

"Yeah, I need to catch up with everything."I reached for my coat and climb down .

"You know how the academy is, we have one semester and this is it, after that you'll be a sophomore."

"Hopefully." I've missed most of my tests so I won't be surprised if i failed my first year at the academy, Cassie doesn't bother to say anything so I just kept my silence.

      I hated the fact that I hadn't been honest to anyone here and after my encounter with Ace, I hadn't seen or heard about him. I just hoped he could forgive me one day.

"You cried while you were asleep, is something wrong?"

"No Cassie, I cry most times when I miss my mom"

"You're such a baby Chella"

"Chella?" I furrow my eyebrows at her and she smiles "Your new nickname. Do you like it?."

"No."

"Listen Michelle, I noticed you're grumpy when you're with me but if its Prince Aiden, you're head over heels." I roll my eyes at her sentence and she continues "Are you going to deny that you have feelings for him?."

"I don't" I say then keep on walking, I looked and noticed new faces, its like the population of student increases everyday.

"But I see the way you look at him." I'm about to say something when he catches my eyes, he looks different, distant even. His guards are all around him with a girl who looks exactly like Darklocks except she's brown skinned.

"You see." My eyes fall on the ground and then she taps me lightly "That look! What I'm talking about." I walked in another direction and she follows me, I need to do something, say something even.

Flashback of Michelle's birthday
1:00 am
     I ran downstairs and saw Archie eating pancakes discussing some stuffs,I slowed down and tried hearing their conversation.
"We can't risk it, I mean Michelle would go crazy if she hears Jalledin,she would... Michelle stop eavesdropping".My mom shouted.

     I turned and saw her shivering, and Archie looked stunned "What's Jalledin ?,is it a holiday ?"I asked.

"No!!,......... It's an amusement park ride back in the days when I was younger." He turned to my mother, its like their communication skills were on another level.

"Yes ,it's amazing"my mom said.

"Oh,so can I go there?"

"Nonsense,it was destroyed......That's the place where your father gave me a lavender rose"

"Meaning love at first sight, was I born then?"

"Michelle, you are stressing up your mom"I hated the way Archie said that, anyway my mom was always uncomfortable when talking about my dad,which sometimes upset me,I don't know maybe she has a reason.

"So mom about my birthday" She raises her eyebrows at me "Michelle, you know we can't celebrate your birthday, its our family's tradition."

"Sorry Michelle but you can't celebrate it,anyway happy birthday." Archie places a kiss on my forehead as if I'll just forget about this.

"Why can't I?"

"Its tradition Michelle, so stop trying to throw a fit because I wont give in to your cries!."