Chapter 7

(Diamond in picture above)

Diamond's POV:

I know yall haven't heard from me in awhile but its because me and Davonte broke up. I was mad at first but its whatever. My boy Cam (short for Cameron) just told me that he thinks he might ask out Shania. I used to like him but not anymore I just let Shania have him.  I told him I think he should because they would lowkey look cute together. I called him because he asked me for some advice.

Phone convo:

Cameron: Hey wassup Diamond

Me: Nun much but wassup with you and Shania?

Cameron: Well you know I might ask her out.

Diamond: You should.

Cameron: I know but how do I ask her. Do I be like 'Shania do you want to be mine?'

Diamond: Nigga you know you too scared to even do that haha. Just be yourself she'll like that.

Cameron: See you smart, this why you one of my main people.

Diamond: Who don't like me, I mean I'm Diamond. *flipping my hair as if he see's me*

Cameron: So we getting confident aren't we?

Diamond: You already know haha but I gotta go. Just remember to be yourself around her.

Cameron: Alright bye.

Cameron's POV:

So I think I might ask Shania out because I really like her and I think she really likes me. I got home and was headed for my room when my mom came in and said, "I heard about your game last night. your dad told me that you were up there hitting them threes after another and that you didn't miss one." "You should have been there" I said with a little attitude. She quickly changed the subject. "Well baby I made your favorite dinner for you, lasagna." "Thank you but I'm not hungry. I just want to go to bed." "Alright baby well momma loves you."  "I love you too" I said not looking her in the face.

Shania's POV:

So my best friend just told me that Cameron might ask me out this weekend. I'm so happy because I'm starting to really like him. The dance was this weekend and the college people are sending out the letters informing us if we made the team. I was really scared to have even get my letter. I know had to be prepared for a lot tomorrow.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The Next Day

Cameron's POV:

I woke up this morning with a big breakfast sitting on my bed and a envelope right next to it. I grabbed a piece of bacon off of the plate and then rubbed my hands on my body and grabbed the envelope. I was so scared to even open it. I took a deep breath and opened it. The first thing I saw was 'Congratulations Cameron Jones.' The whole letter basically said that they would love for me to join their college so that I could join their basketball team. I looked up at the ceiling and said, "Thank you God......for everything.!" So far the day is going good I'm bout to try to keep it that way. I got out of bed and started getting ready. I went to my bathroom and did my hygiene and then went to my closet to pick out something to where. I ended up wearing some black jeans, a white t-shirt, jersey and my timberlands. I went downstairs to tell my dad the big news. I found him and said, "Dad guess what." "What?" "I made the basketball team at Baylor University!" I said smiling. "Oh son I knew you would." He said coming in for a hug. "Dad I gotta go to school I'll see you later on tonight." "Alright son you do you." "Love you pops." I said leaving.