Chapter II pt. 4

"Let me go! I want my mother, you rotten bastard! Take me to my mommy! Let go of me right now!" She continued yelling out insults and pleadings until she was in the dungeon and her voice was raw. But despite that she started screaming. Eventually the soldier on guard duty got so irritated with her that he came near her cell to put a stop to it.
​"Shut your mouth." he growled, "Before I go in there shut it for you."
​Zeilla was too upset to care about the man and kept on screaming. This was the wrong thing to do. He was having a very bad day, and he wasn't a very nice person. He was eager to take out his anger and frustration on someone else. He fumbled for his ring of keys and when he finally found the key to her cell, he swung the barred door open. His fist made his contact with her face. For a second, Zeilla was stunned into silence, and then she started bawling.
​"I said shut up!" the irritated guard barked, and finally he had had enough of this. "You want a reason to cry?" he glowered, "then I'll give you a reason to cry."
​The next thing the frightened girl remembered was the pain of getting smacked repeatedly and then slammed against the hard stone wall. She remembered being punched in the gut, crumpling up and gasping for air, and then being thrown on the ground. He must have kicked her a few times as well, because she woke up the next morning with bruises on her side as well as everywhere else.
​By the time the guard left Zeilla was in so much pain that she didn't even notice his passing. The pain was so bad that it was blocking out the rest of her senses. She couldn't hear anything besides her own fluttering heartbeat. She could see nothing. Even if she had opened her eyes her left eye was blackened and there was blood running down from a gash on her forehead. She could smell nothing aside from the scent of blood mixing with dirt. She tasted the blood in her mouth from when he hit her there, but that was all.
​Pain and blood, she thought within seconds of slipping out of consciousness, I don't think I can do this. With that any shred of thought or sense was gone. She was unconscious.