Chapter VIII

​The first thing that Zeilla learned about Miss Margret was that she was not a woman to be trifled with. The second thing Zeilla learned about Miss Margret was that she would never be pleased with Zeilla. The third thing that Zeilla learned about Miss Margret was that even Sir Viljast was afraid of her. What made Zeilla think all this about Miss Margret was, among other things, the way she was greeted.
​The Lady sized her up at once, wrinkling her nose. "Is this her?"
​"Yes ma'am." Maeron said. Zeilla mouth dropped open almost an inch. She couldn't believe that Maeron of all people had just called Miss Margret 'ma'am'. It wasn't just that he was a king and she was his subject, but that it didn't seem like his style. Zeilla thought that he liked to be viewed as the obnoxious guy who hangs around sneaking up on people. And that was why he didn't want her to know he was the king.
​"Hmm, this looks like it will be more difficult than I thought. Close your mouth girl." Miss Margret circled her like a panther stalking it's pray, Zeilla snapped her mouth shut, "Her hair is tangled, she looks malnourished, she has very bad posture, and you can barely see her skin under a layer of filth." She wiped her index finger against Zeillas face and it came away almost covered in dirt as well. The lady wiped it with a handkerchief before giving her hand to Zeilla to shake. "Hello girl, I am Margret Madagin. But you may call me Miss Margret." Zeilla cautiously shook her hand. But she didn't say anything. Miss Margret said 'tut tut', "Girl, when someone introduces themselves to you, you tell them your name."
​Zeilla narrowed her eyes at Miss Margret, "When you talk to people, you should try to give them as little information about yourself as possible."
​"Children do not talk back to their elders." The lady said sternly.
​"Unless their elders are at fault." The girl retorted.
​"Now, now," Maeron interrupted, "there really is no need to-"
​"Maeron, stay out of this." She snapped.
​"Yes ma'am." Maeron
​Zeilla stared at Miss Margret, then Maeron, and then back to Miss Margret. She still didn't know what to make of Sir Viljast, but she was pretty sure that she had figured out Miss Margret. Even with the so-called King, she was not to be trifled with. Zeilla was curious about w . She didn't thinkecided to test that.
​Miss Margret turned her attention back to Zeilla, "Hello, my name is Miss Margret. Now, say 'hello Miss Margret, my name is...'"
​Zeilla glared at her, "Hello Miss Margret, my name is none of your business."