Too scared

As he layed there in that bed his oxygen tubes and the many other tubes and wires hanging from him I just wanted to stay there until he got  better. There had been almost no progress in the past week. They thought it was best for us to just give up basically. But he was my father he wouldn't give up on me. So I wasn't going to give up on him.

           "NO STOP. YOU CANT DO THIS. HE NEEDS MORE TIME" i screamed this at the top of my lungs when I walked into the room where they were about to unplug something. They stopped and my mother said for them to just leave. They did as they were told.

         "What was that all about?"
          "I can't let dad die now he wouldn't give up on me. And I'm not going to give up on him."
          "If we keep him hooked up to these machines you have to go back to school, deal?"
         "Deal!" I wasn't anywhere near ready for school tomorrow. Between Austin and dad. My life couldn't get any worse I thought to myself.

The next morning I woke up in my room and went to my dresser. I just grabbed a shirt and a pair of blue jeans. I put my hair into a
Messy bun and put waterproof make up on so if I did cry no one would notice except for the tears. I still had bruises all up and down my arm but they have gone down and they just look like little yellow dots. I got my coffee and went to the couch. I turned the tv on and I watched the news. Then after it played through I got up grabbed my backpack and shoes and walked to my bus stop. Surprise surprise there was Austin. Sitting there on the ground. He looked over and saw me. He bolted up and ran to me. He wrapped his arms around me. I did the same thing as to not anger him.
           "Where have you been? I've been worried sick!"
          "I've been with my father in the hospital. He got in a car wreck. Mom said if I keep going to school then she will keep him on the Machines. That's the only reason I'm here."
         "I missed you"he whispered in my ear. That was when the bus stopped at my stop and I had no time to reply and I got on the bus. Of course I pick an open seat so he sits next to me. Luckily it was in the front that way if he did anything the bus driver would see and hear it all. We got off the bus and headed into the school. I went straight to my first period. I sat in the back of the room. They called roll and mr.peters was surprised to see me. Right along with all my other teachers. Lunch came and Austin insisted on being with me everywhere I went. He walked me from class to class and didn't leave my side unless he absolutely had to. After lunch the day flew by and By the time school was done I was exhausted. Austin was in my seat again. He talked nonstop the whole way home. He got off with me and he kept kissing my forehead. It was annoying. I just wanted to be alone. I wanted to be locked in my room with my music blaring in my ears and be all alone. He walked with me to my house and he came inside. He pushed my body against his. He grabbed me tightly. I looked up and that's when he decided to kiss me. He kissed me like he was a beast looking for food. I gently pushed him off but he just came right back on. He crashed his lips against mine and grabbed my ass. His hands were grabbing everything everywhere. I just gave in. I was way too tired to fight him off or deal with a beating. When he finally left I was so happy. I grabbed my chocolate bar and went upstairs and went to bed after eating the chocolate.

After I woke up it was dinner time and mom was still at the hospital with dad and cadance and harmony. I had the house to myself. I made macaroni and cheese. I walked around the house and I looked out the window to see if they were coming back tonight. I guess not. I just gave up and went to bed.

The next morning I woke up at six exactly. I got ready and I did my usual morning routine. But then as I was getting my coffee I heard a knock on the door. I figured it was Noah. So I opened it. It was definitely not Noah. This man was tall with a giant belly and a long beard.
"Who are you?"
"I'm not important, but you are!"the man grabbed my wrist and pulled me out to the driveway with a creepy grin on his face. He pulled me to a car. I screamed until my throat was raw. Had no one heard me? Apparently not because the man threw me into the back of his big purple pickup truck and slammed the door shut. He started the car. I panicked. I tried screaming again. But I had no luck. Then as he started to drive I heard a loud thunk on the car. Thank god. The man got out and he yelled. There must have been a dent or something but he was mad. Then out of nowhere another man hits him in the head. He was knocked out cold. The man opened the door and I basically threw myself into his arms. He had saved me. I looked at his face. He didn't look familiar and I asked his name.
"Justin. And you are?"
"Melody. You saved me. He was kidnapping me."
"I know princess. I saw everything."
"Oh so my name is princess is it?"
"It is now princess." His hair was black and his eyes were dark brown. His face was sculpted by an angel. He was also muscular. He was about 5' 11".
"Do you call everyone princess?"
"Nope I've only called you princess. But the name suits you, princess."
"Do you live around here?"
"Yeah I live right around the corner. I in eleventh grade. What about you?"
"I live right there and I'm in ninth grade." I said pointing at my big house.
"Well I should put you down now since he's down there. I'll take care of him. Don't worry. I'll take him to a train station and put him on a train to Canada."
"Okay thanks. By the way we should hang out sometime. It would be nice to hang out with someone other than my 'boyfriend'. "
" we should. I'll see you around princess." He was an angel. I had forgotten about school. I ran back inside and finished getting ready.

At the lunch hour I saw Justin again. Austin was walking with me around school trying to be a good boyfriend. But the moment he saw me smile and wave at Justin he looked ready to kill. I didn't say anything but after I ate my lunch-which consisted of soggy beans and a pice of soggy meat that looked like canned dog food- I walked over to Justin's table "do you mind if I sit here for a minute?"
         "No not at all princess." He said in return, his arrogant side showing."so your boyfriend is Austin?"
          "Yeah. That's him"I say sheepishly.
         "He looks just about ready to take my head off. You do know what he has done to his girlfriends in the past right?"
          "Oh yes. I'm well aware." I mumble.
          "You want to hang out after school? We could hang at my place."
         "Sure that sounds cool I'm in"
Austin is going to kill me. What did I just do!

The last four periods go by in a flash. And soon enough were loading onto the bus. I got on very early so I could get some random person next to me instead of my boyfriend. Next thing I know a little short girl sits down next to me. Well it's better than Austin.

When Austin finally gets on the bus he starts screaming at the girl to move.
         "GET UP. YOU CANT SIT THERE. YOU SEE THAT GIRL. SHES MINE. YOU CANT SIT NEXT TO HER." Austin screams
          "I can sit here. She clearly doesn't want to sit with you. If she did she would have told me to move." States the little girl calmly.
          "Quit being an ass Austin. What if I want to sit with someone new today. I want to be able to make friends. Not just pass people in the hallway and smiling at them. "
        "fine. But you better be by my side all day tomorrow bitch." Austin walks off towards the back.
      "Thanks for saying that. What's your name? I'm melody."
       "I'm Lela. And I'm short but I'm fourteen." She was short with wide hips and an average sized chest. Her hair was dark brown and her eyes were a light green. Her face was narrow and beautiful. She looked about four feet ten inches. "You think I saved you? To be completely honest you saved me. He's a bad kid and he could hurt me easily. Thank you melody."
        "Ok now we're even." We both giggle a little. We engaged in a conversation during the bus ride. "When do you get off?" I asked.
"The one right after you, it's closer to my house but I can get off at either." Lela stated.

"Do you know Justin? He's a friend of mine and we could maybe hang out sometime if that interests you."

"Yeah I know him. He rides the bus sometimes. Maybe we could hang out that would be fun." Lela explained. I said my fair wells and exited the bus. I dropped my bag and snatched my phone from my back pocket. There were several text messages from Austin.

"You bitch. You need to go suck a cock. I know you're cheating on me. Maybe once you fuck me you will understand. I'm coming over tonight. You better be there bitch. You little cunt better be ready. Wear something sexy. Or don't wear anything. I need you baby. Come back to me. I'm sorry I hit you. I love you and you know that I'll never hurt you ever again. You make sparks fly. Don't leave me. I'll kill you if you leave me bitch. When I get disinterested I'll leave you. Which should be never cuz your body is one of a sex god. God I want to cum all over you. You need my cock in you. I miss you. Please answer baby." I opened them but never replied. I had no words for him. I despised him. His words were unloving and uncaring. I would not sleep in my house this night but I had to find a place to sleep.

I went to my room to freshen up. I put on a layer of mascara and a thin coat of lip gloss and nude eyeshadow. I grabbed my phone and wallet and left the house. I walked down the road to Justin's house. I knocked on the door and within seconds it opened.

"Hey melody, come in!"
"Hello Justin. Wow your house is beautiful." It was big it had a staircase leading up to the second floor and three rooms visible from the front door. He led me to the living room and sat me on the love seat. He sat across from me in an arm chair. We talked about school and our goals in life then we talked about funny things. We laughed a lot. Then we talked about our pasts. Then he mentioned Austin. I felt an urge to tell him about everything that he has done to me. And finally I couldn't hold myself back. He was saying he was a good guy and that he was nice. And that he would be great to me. Finally I broke.

"HE'S A MONSTER!!! He hit me. He beat me. He choked me. He is perverted and he forced me to kiss him in a very sexual manner. He said he was going to make love to me tonight. He said he would kill me if I left him. He said I needed his penis in me. He called me a bitch and a cunt. He's not a good boyfriend at all. How In the world could you say that?!?!"