Chapter Six

The morning starts off with Chuuya rushing towards the kitchen, making breakfast to himself. He opened the TV as he flopped into the soft sofa as he waited for his toast. It wasn't a long while when his phone beeped again. Sighing, he grabbed the phone and began scrolling down the texts. He wasn't surprised to see Dazai texting him again.

This time, he wasn't greeting him a "Good morning", This time, he sent a question, a question that most people have asked him in the school.

"Why do you like flowers so much?"

Chuuya bit his lips. everyone's been asking that question since he came to that school. Everyone's been so curious. So tempted to hear whether he's gay or it's just his hobby. He never gave them a straight answer. He just simply ignores them and walked away, disappearing from their sight.

Once his toast is ready, he grabbed the bread and popped it into his mouth. He decided to chat with him a little bit since they will be seeing each other in school later.

Messages between you and Dazai Osamu

6:21 AM

Chuuya: hey jerk

Dazai: omg you replied! good morning chuuya!

Chuuya: yeah yeah...

Dazai: the sky's sad... I wonder why

Chuuya: probably because of the sun yesterday. it's going to rain a lot later

Dazai: where did you get that information?

Chuuya: TV bruh

Dazai: ooooh

6:25 AM

Dazai: so, I'm going to ask you once again, chaya. why do you like flowers so much?

6:28 AM

Chuuya: because.. for me... flowers are my happiness

Dazai: I can see that.

Chuuya: I'm off, let's meet at school.

Dazai: okay ~ see you later!

---

The hall was filled with students and seniors. crowded enough to have a difficult time finding Chuuya. He said he will meet Dazai at the school but, he's unable to find him anywhere.

Where did he go?

Students passed by but Chuuya didn't show up.

Beep

Dazai opened his phone, find himself looking at a message from Chuuya.

Messages between you and chuuya Nakahara

7:20 PM

Chuuya: I'm in the library, jerk

Dazai: it's almost time! I've been looking everywhere for you! I'm on my way to the library

Chuuya: great.. let's head to the classroom together. I'll be at the entrance of the library, wait for me if you didn't see me, I'm putting the book I was reading back where it belongs.

Dazai: got that

---

"Oi Dazai! I'm over here! here" Chuuya said, waving his hand so that Dazai could spin around to see him. He walked towards him and gave him a smile.

"Ready for the class?" he asked.

"Yeah, the class is boring anyway. It's better off if I'm in my apartment." Chuuya groaned as they proceeded to their classroom.

---

The class ended up just fine. no bullies, no worries. He doesn't have to deal with those bullies now. Since Dazai warned them, they never touch nor wanted to see him. Who knows? Dazai might actually hurt them.

As usual, Dazai is sitting beside him again to tell something miserable that happened in his elementary days, which Chuuya doesn't want to hear. He just ignored him as he read a book that he borrowed from the library.

'Everything's fine..' Chuuya thought, glancing at Dazai, who was now reading his "Complete Guide To Suicide"

'As long as this jerk is with me, no one would even bother to pick a fight on me. But, I just need to refrain him from getting hurt. Why do I even have to be with him anyway?'

Chuuya sighed heavenly as he tried to clear off his thoughts on his mind. It's making him feel stress. There's this feeling that he doesn't want Dazai to go away. If that happens, he might don't have an idea of what to do.

"Chuuya, want to buy flowers on that old lady's flower shop? You should have visited the lady too. She must be lonely and you haven't shown up in two days!" Dazai suggested, leaning on his table as he buried his face on it in boredom.

"Ah yes, I have my money with me, let's stop by the shop later. I want to visit granny as well." Chuuya agreed, looking down at his chest pocket to pull out a brown wallet.

Dazai beamed at him. "That's settled then."