xi

Edited September 20, 2017

The following morning, Vader and his soldiers were in the royal hangar, awaiting Padmé and Lady Skywalker to arrive. Just as he was about to comm her, the King saw his two favorite people stroll in with a trooper behind them carrying his girlfriend's luggage. Shmi had an arm around Padmé's waist, keeping the girl from running away from their current conversation. "With all due respect, my lady, I need more time. One night's sleep can't decide the fate of the galaxy..." The older woman chuckled. "Padmé, it's not about the fate of the galaxy. It's about the fate of you and Vader, my dear. Speak of the Devil..." They both smiled as he walked up to them. Beneath his mask the King looked over his girl's outfit, making sure she didn't need to go change (because of his men's wandering eyes.) She wore a romper, the orange-pink hue bringing out the tan color in her skin. Her chocolate curls were down, a gold and turquoise headpiece matching the embroidery on her romper's neckline. He raised a hidden eyebrow, seeing how short the ensemble was on her; it made her legs go on for miles, stopping at her wedges.

"Vader, are you in there?" Her angelic voice snapped him from his thoughts. "When we get onboard, you're changing into something else that actually covers you. Mom, I love you, be safe and don't throw any galas while I'm gone." With that, he turned around and marched onboard. Shmi turned to her son's love, seeing her dropped jaw. "Steal a cloak from the master cabin, it'll satisfy him. Be safe, my dear." They embraced, Padmé finally coming back down to Coruscant. "I will, my lady. Please be safe as well..." With that, they parted ways as she boarded the massive jet. Vader was waiting for her right inside the cargo door, ever so impatient looking. "Come with me." He grabbed her bag from the trooper, dismissing him as he stormed off. Padmé jogged behind him, grateful she hadn't gone with the tall, pointy heels Lady Skywalker had suggested. The King walked straight into his cabin, sealing the door behind her as they took off. "What the hell were you thinking? Wearing something so short around horny soldiers..."

"Language, please..." She whined, plopping down on the bed. "How the hell did you get an actual bed this size onto your ship, through the small corridors?!" He ignored her question, dropping her duffle at the end of the bed. "Magic. Listen, you need to change or you're stuck in here until we land and everyone is off the ship." Padmé chuckled, going over to the built-in closet. "Or... I could do what your mother said to do." She pulled one of his cloaks off a hangar, wrapping the oversized garment around her. Vader removed the helmet, shaking his head at her. "Baby... You're trying to start rumors, aren't you?" She giggled, half skipping over to him. "Nope, I'm doing what I was told to do." Anakin sighed, kissing her forehead. "Yeah, yeah... You're grounded to this cabin until I return at the very earliest. If even one trooper makes a comment, you're in trouble." Behind her, he summoned the helmet back to his hand before quickly exiting the room. Padmé scoffed behind him, astonished by his bossy demands.

"How the hell am I supposed to keep the troops from talking?!"

~

Fifteen hours later, the Vader One made its final approach to Mandalore. Duchess Satine Kryze awaited the Imperial Monarch to land, excited to see her childhood friend once again. The last time she'd seen him was at his coronation two years earlier. Would he be alone or had he brought a date like she'd requested? Luckily, the wait was short lived as the landing ramp dropped down. Troops filed out left and right, the big guy himself following them out next. Satine could barely hold herself together, she hurried over to him. Vader's boot had barely hit the platform before his old friend was coming towards him. "It's been far too long, Duchess..." They embraced, happy to see a familiar face (or mask.) "It has but at least you're here now. Did you forget your date on Coruscant?" He shook his head, releasing her as he turned back towards the ship. "No, I've got to go get her, she's in trouble."