Edited September 19, 2017

"Come in."

Padmé sat on her plush bed, combing through her damp curls. After a casual dinner with her gracious hosts, she excused herself to get ready for bed. Tomorrow was going to be the start of the King's security project. Though the coming day was more about getting to know her team, she hoped to be able to start going over all of R2's scans for the blue print. After getting to know Lady Skywalker a little better, she could see exactly why her son wanted to keep her safe.

Speaking of the devil himself, a night clothed Vader stepped into her suite. "Hey."

"Evening, your majesty. I was just about to go find R2 before bed." She gently tugged the last few knots out of her lochs before looking up at him. He wore a loose set of off-black pajamas, his well-defined chest showing through the deep-cut neckline. His hair looked a little damp, the ends of his natural curls sticking up a bit. "I thought I told you to just call me Anakin when we were alone."

She got up from the bed, going to set her comb down on her vanity. "My bad; kinda hard knowing when to relax and when to be formal with you." Anakin watched her, leaning against one of the corner posts of her bed. Her night clothes made her look even more beautiful to him. A soft, peach-colored nightgown flowed loosely around her; a dark blue robe over top of it. Luckily his gaze snapped up before she could see him looking her over. "You can always relax with me, Padmé. I'm just Anakin to you like I said."

"Well, why don't you go with me to find R2?"

"I'd like that." He smiled at her, going to hold the door open for her. Once she passed through, he closed it behind them before looping an arm around her waist. Immediately, she looked up at him like he was crazy. "What if someone sees us?"

"So what? No one will say anything to us." Anakin wrapped both his arms around her shoulders, smirking slightly as she tried to push her way out. He relaxed, going back to his original position with an arm around Padmé's waist. "Fine..." She leaned a little into him, comforted by the close proximity. She was really only worried about Shmi showing up and seeing them; everyone else could go kiss a shaak for all she cared.

The pair left the guest wing and descended the main staircase of the foyer. They went toward the back, passing beneath the same staircase, which led to a long hallway that was all glass to the right. The skies outside had grown dim, a few stars shining through the city lights. To their left was a dark wall with three even darker doors. As they passed by each, he named the rooms. "My mother's parlor, where she lounges with her handmaidens... My study, where you'll find me if I'm not in the throne room... This last door is a powder room which most of the servants use, but it's open for everyone."

Anakin let go of his guest and rushed ahead to the end of the corridor, an even darker set of double doors at its end. He gave them a heavy push, revealing the palace's elaborate and open throne room. The room was colored in shining chrome, alabaster and onyx hues, the vast space practically a gradient as it grew darker in tone from the ceiling down. The ceiling was made of reinforced glass, steel framings surrounded hexagons of clear glass, (the transparent medium as navy as the moonlit skies above.) From the doorway to the steps leading to the Imperial Throne, a dark royal blue runner gave the entering occupants a straight path to follow.

"Wow..." Padmé walked down the carpet, spinning around as she took in the room's extensive details. Anakin sat in his throne, watching her in awe at the throne room. Her chocolate gems soon found him, growing even wider at the sight of the imperial's seat. It was carved out of black diamond and rimmed with steel, the craftsmanship amazing the mechanic. Never before had she seen such an art form; the navy blue suede padding over the front made the throne even more exquisite.