The Red Dragon

"You're, you're a dragon," Alice couldn't believe her eyes. After everything she seen so far, a dragon was the last to cross her mind.

"Yes, my name is Mei-Yun, but you can call me Mei," the red dragon spoke not making any movement.

"So it's not Bill? And you're not a lizard? No wonder you wouldn't stop when I called after you," Alice thought of every time she seen the vibrant red tail.

"Bill and I, are very much different people," Mei-Yun smiled.

"Mei, you wouldn't know the way out of Wonderland would you?" Alice asked hopeful.

"The only way out is the same way you came in," Mei-Yun slithered closer to Alice.

"But I'm unsure how I got here, last thing I remember was taking a selfie," Alice planted her chin in her palm.

"Exactly."

"I have to take another selfie? And that's it, I'm home?" Alice looked up at Mei-Yun with happiness.

"yes, young child, but that isn't as simple as it sounds," Mei-Yun walked back a few steps, "You must take the selfie the exact same way with the same camera to return home."

"The camera? Oh no, I left it in the room that disappeared, now I'll never get home!" Alice sighed in agony.

"Have you heard of the queen?" Mei-Yun asked, Alice nodded for her to continue, "she collects every camera in Wonderland, you must go to her castle and find her camera room."

"Can't I just ask for the camera?" Alice stood up off the rock.

"The queen is a stubborn woman, she wouldn't accept someone requesting a camera, for all cameras are hers, and her photos are the only ones needed," Mei-Yun advised.

"I can't just go and steal the camera, I'm sure she'll understand," Alice argued.

"Alice, the queen hasn't been our queen for long. Not long ago, a young man named King Jabberwocky ruled all of Wonderland. A great war broke out between the two and you can see how it ended. She is very strict as she is still practicing her ruling, she'll set anyone up as an example. You cannot take that risk."

Alice sat in silence as her brain digested the new information.

"Alice, King Jabberwocky was my brother, I know firsthand what she is capable of," Mei-Yun whispered the last words.

"Why have you not avenged your brother?" Alice inquired.

"That is a quest for another day," Mei-Yun spoke in a solemn tone.

Alice nodded in understanding. "How do I get to the castle?" Alice asked.

"Continue down that path," a path that wasn't there before appeared in front of Alice's eyes.

"Thank you, Mei. Sorry for your loss and good luck," Alice gave her a curtsey and headed down the path.