✪chapter sixteen✪

╔════════════════╗

╚════════════════╝

╚════════════════╝

Rumlow was headed up to the top floor of the Triskelion, where Natasha and Nick were with Pierce and the rest of the World Security Council. 

Sam's suit was damaged, leaving him on foot. And Maria wasn't going to let me leave, so, I snuck away from her when she wasn't paying attention and I headed out of the room. 

Outside of the monitoring station, I still had to make it across the bridge to get to the Triskelion. Luckily, there was a motorbike outside.

I ran over and swung my leg over it and started it up. I twisted the throttle to rev the engine before I kicked up the kickstand. 

With another twist of the throttle, I sped off down the bridge and into the garage. I dodged some bullets that were flying at me and twisted the throttle more in order to speed up more.

I twisted the brake as I reached my destination. The brakes squealed and the tires slid across the asphalt, creating skid marks.

I let the bike drop on it's side and ran into the building. There was one main stairwell linking all the floors and I ran right inside. But I was on the ground floor and had no idea where Rumlow was.

I lifted my head and cursed. There were over 50 floors looming above me.

I wish I could fly.

Letting out another huff, I heard the crackle of electricity and looked down at my hands. The power was flickering along my fingertips with control and a little idea flashed in my head.

I lowered my hands to my sides, palms facing the ground. I lifted my head to look above me and I concentrated on my power. 

There was still this small fear that I would lose control of my power, because of how much electricity I was conjuring, but I also had to have faith in Tony Stark's invention. 

It was a Stark invention after all.

My feet started to lift from the ground and I started to panic, quickly dropping my gaze to see what was happening.

Beams of electricity flowed from my hands, crackling in power as they bounced off of the concrete floor of the stairwell.

A childish grin graced my lips and I almost laughed happily. It was working.

The more I focused on what I was doing, the faster I was moving. 

Am I really flying?!

My eyes gazed around the stairwell as I moved up, trying to find Rumlow. I lost count of how many floors I passed but I was moving so fast that it didn't matter.