✪epilogue✪

╔════════════════╗

╚════════════════╝

╚════════════════╝

《 3rd POV 》

A bubbling laugh left Seraphina's lips, the feeling of real joy filling her whole being. Steve had taken her for dinner at a nice little diner he loved and she loved it, too. They really had a lot to talk about with each other and she had enjoyed every moment of it.

They walked through D.C. together with Seraphina's arm linked through his. His hands were the pockets of his navy blue faux leather jacket and her fingers were interlocked together around his bicep.

She didn't want to go back to her apartment so soon after their rather early dinner, so, they took a short walk, leaving his motorcycle in the parking lot of the diner. 

She wore a pair of black jeans to accommodate D.C.'s chilly nights and zipped up her jacket over her blouse to keep herself warm. 

The feeling of safety and joy was overwhelming at first and it made her nervous, but it hadn't lasted long and now the two of them were laughing as though they were life-long friends. She wasn't totally sure what they were talking about because they didn't have one set topic but she knew Steve was telling her some stories of the 30s and 40s; when he and Bucky were teenagers in Brooklyn.

He was reminiscing and all of his stories were from a whole lifetime ago, but she enjoyed listening to them. They were stories that made him who he was.

And she wanted to know more about the man she was falling in love with.

But it was getting late fast and Seraphina was growing tired on her feet. She didn't want to mention it to Steve because she didn't want to end their date, but it wasn't hard for him to tell that she was getting tired.

They walked back to the diner to get his bike but the stories didn't end—not that she minded. He told her about how he tried falsifying his enlistment papers, hoping to get enlisted in the Army despite his smaller physique and health problems.

She couldn't help but laugh some more, finding it rather easy to imagine a sickly Steven Rogers looking so determined and frail as he stood in front of an officer, confident in his decision to enlist.

Sadly, the stories ended when they made it back to his bike. The two of them climbed onto the bike and Seraphina's arms wrapped around Steve's torso before he rode off into the night.

The cool air was colder on the skin of her face as they rode but she didn't mind. She liked riding on the back of the bike with Steve but she was upset that she lived fairly close to the diner. It was a bummer.

Steve parked the bike again and let her climb off the back of it first before he did the same. She slid her arm through his again and he walked her into the apartment building.