17.

"Um, okay mom. Talk to you later." Ezra says.

That must be important. He has been on the phone with her for half an hour. They usually keep it short and sweet.

He sits on the bed and sighs.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Promise you won't get too stressed?" Ezra asks. "It isn't good for the babies."

One of the babies is another boy. I am five months along.

The other is a girl.

His name is going to be Ethan Johnathan. That was Ezra's suggestion. I am surprised that he didn't try and get me to like Benvolio again. He used to be obsessed with that name. It was to the point where it was kind of funny.

The girl's name is going to be Jade McKinley. While working on a family tree, I saw the name Jade and fell in love. It was my Mom's grandma's name. I remember her telling me stories about her grandmother on her mother's side, and how nice she was. I have some of her jewelry.

McKinley was after Ezra's aunt. This aunt had her life together. She was so sweet. I met her at our wedding. According to Ezra, she did not allow Dianne to harbor Geoff at her house. I think it was something about keeping the family together and how it will help him.

I guess Dianne should have listened to her.

"I promise." I say. "That bad?"

"They are thinking about releasing Geoff on good behavior."

Good behavior? He was charged on two cases of manslaughter and breaking and entering.

"Oh? And do you feel safe if he is released?" I ask.

"I don't know. After what he did to you, and him breaking in to your house, I don't think he should. We have to Atticus keep safe, and there babies.  If Geoff decides to get in to booze, he may break and enter again, it could get ugly."

"Neither do I. He should not be allowed on the streets. How does your mother feel about this?"

"She has mixed emotions. The boy she sent to private school and the boy who became an alcoholic are two different people. If she knew for sure that it was the 'sweet' boy that she didn't raise being released, she would be ecstatic. But she doesn't know, and is afraid."

"They are going to take it to trial, right?" I ask.

"Of course."

(Atticus above)

(Atticus above)

"Mommy, Daddy. I had a nightmare." Atticus says, running in to our room.

"Come here, baby. What was it about?" I ask.

"I had a dream that when the new babies came, you guys forgot about me."

"Baby, we could never forget about you." I say, cradling him.

"Even if the babies is needy?" He asks.

"All babies need to be taken care of. But I will never, ever, forget you. That would be impossible. You will always be my baby boy." I say, kissing his forehead.

"We will never love you any less. A new baby brings more love in to a home. We will have three times as much love in this house." Ezra says.

"Okay mommy." He says, hugging me.

"Are you ready to go back to bed?" I ask.

"Yeah." He says.

"Here, come on buddy. I'll take you." Ezra says, as he carries him off to bed.

Would I even feel safe if Geoff got out? I don't think so. I mean, after all, he did kill my parents. Killing is illegal. He also broke in to my house, which is also very illegal. He tried to avoid Ezra. Ezra is one of the nicest people ever. Actually, he may be the nicest man I have met. Geoff could very well break in to our home and try and hurt one of the kids, or even Ezra and I. I don't want that to happen. He should not be able to be out. He could hurt us.

We can't let him out of jail. That can't happen.

"Alright. I am back."

"We can't let Geoff out of jail." I say. "It is too dangerous. We have to think about our kids."

"True. I was thinking the same thing, but the decision had to be made by you."

"What?" I ask. That made absolutely no sense.

"If people found out that I said anything about my opinion on Geoff getting out, everything would go to hell."

"When is the trial? And what does your mother think?"

"The trial is in a month and a half. My mom does not think it is the best idea to let him out. But, she wants whatever you and Mike feel safe with."

"Ugh. Do we have to get another lawyer? Where is the trial?" I ask.

"No, we will not, thankfully. We will have my mothers lawyer. It is in LA."

"The same one she offered us? And where are we going to stay? And how are we getting there?" I ask.

"Yeah, the one that our little friend didn't get to use. We will be using the family plane, I agreed to take it, and I guess at my moms house."

"Remember the trial when he got locked up?"

"Yeah, that was kinda funny. His lawyer was drunk, and I don't think that he would have any idea what he was doing sober." I say.

"Why does everyone associated with Geoff have something to do with alcohol? This is a problem."

"Oh my god. You are right." I laugh.

"How is he getting out on good behavior?" Ezra asks.

"I guess he didn't attack anyone. Oh wait." I say.

"You are horrible." Ezra says.

"Only a little." I say.

"Alright. I am glad you stand by me on this." Ezra says.

"Okay, I am tired. Good night. I love you." I say.

"Good night. I love you too." Ezra says.

I roll over and try to sleep.

If he gets out, how will I sleep at night?

That is it. I don't think I will say he can get out. Ezra will agree.

He is never going to get out of prison. Ever. He doesn't deserve to walk free.

One chapter left!