Please, Show Your Support!

June 14, 2016

Hello, my dear readers.

I know that I usually don't post anything serious unless it's something that hits close to home or is just something I must show my support about. If you haven't been caught up in the news lately, then I'll fill you in on everything that happened along the days of June 11th and June 12th.

On the tragic night of June 11th, singer Christina Grimmie was shot and killed in Orlando, Florida by gunman Kevin James Loinl. After shooting at Christina, he had delivered a fatal gunshot wound to himself as well, dying instantly. If you didn't know about Christina, she was an upcoming pop star known widely after starting her career on YouTube and starring on NBC's show, The Voice. My condolences to the family of Christina's. I can't even imagine the pain that is affecting you so much. Please show your support to the family as much as you can, because Christina had made us all very proud with her talents. I attached her videos here so that we may never forget the voice that was taken away from us too soon.

The day after, on June 12th, and gunman who had previously called the police and pledged his allegiance to ISIS stormed into a homosexual nightclub named Pulse and began shooting with two firearms. Fifty innocent people were killed and fifty-three more were injured. Some of which, were in critical condition. Police are currently still working on identifying the deceased and most families are anxiously waiting to see if their relative is either in the hospital, or one of the fifty deceased. I cannot even begin to explain how this tragedy should have never occurred, and it nearly brought me to tears when I heard about it. Police said that it wasn't a direct attack from ISIS, and the shooter was a man named Omar Mateen, a U.S. citizen originally from New York.

These people were innocent and their none of their deaths were ever meant to be. This is a way of trying to make American falter, and we cannot allow that.

This is a time where we must all stick together, just as we did with Paris.

As for the LGBTQ community, just know that you are not alone. For Christina Grimmie's family, you are not alone. We will help each other through these hardships just like we have always done.

Please, place the following hashtag on your profile and spread the word.

#PrayForOrlando
#RIPChristinaGrimmie