Pebble Dream

Do you ever wake up, and feel as if your still dreaming? Well I was pretty sure that's what was happening to me.

I decided I must be lucid dreaming.

I had waken up on millions of white pebbles. As far as I could see, there were just pebbles. Above me shined the glorious night sky. Looking prettier then ever.

Which made sense, since I was dreaming.

The familiar Rocket girl now floated down next to me. Fire shooting out of the bottom of her shoes. "Welcome home." She muttered, looking out at the pebble land in disgust.

She smiled at me, and turned around. Holding out her hand. I was a bit reluctant on taking it. Then I remembered nothing could go wrong. None of this was real. I grasped her hand and let her pull me up.

I grinned at her. How silly this dream was. She gave me and weird look and began walking. I stayed in my spot, smiling up at the sky. I wish the sky was like this in real life. It appeared as if all the stars were tiny sparkly circles, held in the air by clear strings.

She suddenly grabbed my arm and began dragging me along with her.

"Ouch!" I whispered. And that's when I realized, I wasn't dreaming. So I screamed.

She fell backwards into the pebbles, a look of horror on her face. "What gives Lalette!" She said with a sudden annoyed look on her face. "Your gonna get me fired!"

"Where am I?" I yelled at her. I began pacing in circles. This couldn't be real. Why was the ground completely made of pebbles? Why were the stars all what appeared to be plastic?

She put her hand on my shoulder, halting my pacing to a stop. She had a sympathetic look on her face. "I understand your scared, and confused..." She removed her hand from my shoulder. "But we really need to get to Rats City, before I get, ya know, fired."

She turned on her heel, and gestured at me to follow before continuing the journey.

"Rats city?" I questioned. She sighed. "I know. Stupid right? It means star." She replied.

I pondered on that for a few seconds before she practically read my thoughts. "It's star backwards." Rocket muttered.

"And why is the ground made of pebbles?"

"Cause we're on the moon, duh." She said, adjusting her helmet.

"The moons not made of pebbles!" I argued. She snorted. "Have you ever been on the moon?" She asked.

"No! But astronauts have!" I replied. She laughed at this, still fiddling with her helmet. "That was a different moon." She said.

"Oh. So we're not on the big moon I see from earth?" I said sadly.

"Oh no, we are." She answered.

I was beginning to grow frustrated. The one I saw from earth was most definitely not made of pebbles of all things. It was made of moon dust or something. I hadn't even seen any craters on this one!

"But the astronauts went on that one! And there were no pebbles!" I snapped at her.

"They didn't go on the one you see from earth. They think they did, but that would be impossible." She said, finally taking her hands off her helmet.

"What do you mean?" I said, beginning to grow tired of the arguing.

"Without realizing it, they passed through the moon. And landed on the hidden moon. The one we nooms like to call: the Mini Moon." She seemed to say the word 'nooms' a bit quietly.

"What's a noom?" I asked.

She seemed to ignore the question. "Only nooms can be on this moon."

"Still. What's a noom?" I tried again. This time she answered, but with nonsense.

"What people like us are."

"What do you mean people like us?" I said. Once again, she ignored what I asked.

"Noom is just moon backwards. That's just how creative Izar is." She chuckled.

"Izar?"