Chapter 20:

It is a week later and Sloan and Cayson are still in the hospital. Cayson has been taken out of his coma. Sloan was able to go and see him two days ago. Lets just say there was a lot of crying. Today though we will be meeting in Cayson's room because we are getting married. We decided to just go ahead and get married while she was in the hospital because we couldn't wait any longer. Keegan and Zane are going to bring Emerson up here for the first time for the weeding. My dad, Mark, and Sloan's mom are also going to be here. No one else in the family wanted to come.

I am finishing up my makeup. Once I am done I head to Cayson's room. Before I walk in they put music on. I walk in and walk up to my love. She is in a wheelchair for now but Mark helps her up. He supports her so she doesn't fall.

The preacher starts the weeding. We say our vows and then finally we are able to kiss. It is the most magical kiss ever.

****

Ten years later:

I walk outside and see my wife playing with our twins. Cayson is the most healthiest ten year old that you have ever seen. You can't even tell that he got shoot when he was a baby. I look at my wife in her wheelchair and start to cry a little. It is always hard seeing her in it. She ended up being hurt worse then they had thought, which need up making her paralyzed from her waist up. The doctors told us that she may not always be this way though. She may even be able to walk again one day. Sadly I don't think that will happen since it has been ten years.

It is our ten year anniversary so Mark, his wife, my dad, and Sloan's mom is coming over for dinner which I just got done with. Turns out Sloan's mom left her dad after she found out about the shootings. A year later her and my dad started dating. They have been married for five years now. It is kinda weird but Sloan and I have grown to understand it. Keegan and Zane got married last year but they also moved away six months ago.

Everyone starts showing up for dinner. Lisa and I go and get the food. We bring it out. For some reason though she would only let me carry the rolls.

When we get outside I see something that I thought I would never see again. I almost drop the rolls. A tear runs down my eye. Standing right next to our kids is Sloan. She slowly walks over to me. As she gets closer more tears start to fall. She gets over to me and says, " Happy anniversary love."

I hug her and we kiss. Next thing I know three more people yell surprise. I look over at everyone and standing right in the middle is Keegan, Zane, and my God daughter Erica. I smile the biggest smile I think I have ever had. Take that back the third biggest smile. My first ones are a tie and that was when Sloan and Cayson came home from the hospital. My second biggest was when I got married to Sloan.

We all sit down and eat as a family.

The End