Chapter 36

Angelo drove them to his parents house, with Savio following.  He'd explained to Ainsley that while his mom had never actually met her, she knew all about her from his father and even more recently from himself.  That comment made her smile.  "She's going to be very excited to see you" he explained.  "When dad came back from the warehouse that night saying that you two had been reunited, it's all she's been talking about."  Ainsley took his hand in hers, placed it on her lap and said "I'm really excited about meeting her too."  Ainsley gasped as they pulled into a huge gated community.  The houses were, well they weren't houses!  They looked like mansions.

Once they made it through that security checkpoint, they drove to another gate with another guard.  Good grief!  After being waved through, they started down a long road and finally Angelo turned into a driveway that led them to a very beautiful home, sitting off by itself.  It kind of reminded her of an English Tudor estate.  There was a walkway that separated the house from what looked like a game room or something else.  Coming to a stop, Angelo took her hand and kissed it.  "You ready?" he asked.  "Let's do this" she said smiling.

Angelo came around and opened Ainsley door.  She would never get tired of his gentlemanly manners.  Taking her hand, he threaded his fingers through hers and they walked towards the back door.  An older, plump Italian woman met them at the back door.  "Mr. Angelo!" she greeted him with a hug.  "Eunice" he said fondly.  She then looked at me and said "You must be Ms. Ainsley.  I'm Eunice.  I've worked for the Apollo family for thirty-five years" she said proudly and pulling Ainsley into a hug.  "Very nice to meet you" Ainsley said.  "Mr. and Mrs. are waiting for you in the study" she said shooing them out of the kitchen.

Angelo just laughed.  "She grows on you after a while" he said.  "I thought she was just lovely" Ainsley retorted.  "Mom?  Dad?" Angelo called out.  "In here son" said Gregorio Apollo.  They walked into an immense study/library.  Book shelves went almost all the way up to the vaulted ceiling and completely encircled the room.  Ainsley had never seen so many books except in the college library.  There was a fireplace on the center wall, a piano, couch, love seat and a coffee table.

"Angelo, good to see you son" the elder Apollo greeted his son with a hug.  "Ainsley, passero" he said using her nickname.  "Gregorio" she said falling into his hug.  She loved this man so much!  "Olivia, darling, this is  Ainsley.  Ainsley, this is my beautiful wife and Angelo's mother, Olivia" he announced.  Mrs. Apollo was a very petite, beautiful lady.  She was maybe 5'4, slender and had shoulder length coal black hair.  Her skin was beautiful and soft and wrinkle free.  Not a line etched in her remarkable face.  She was dressed in black jeans, a light pink sweater with a multicolored scarf hanging around her neck and off the shoulder.

"Oh my dear" she said grabbing Ainsley gently by her forearms.  "I have imagined this day for years.  I feel as though you are apart of our family already."  Ainsley was overcome by so many emotions rushing through her body.  She accepted the motherly hug from the beautiful heart in which it was given.  "I've heard so many wonderful things about you, Olivia" Ainsley replied graciously.  "Come" she said leading Ainsley to a couch.  "Would you care for some wine?" she asked.  "I would love some" Ainsley replied.

Olivia and Gregorio sat on the couch opposite of Angelo and Ainsley.  "Angelo has told you about the charity gala next week?" Gregorio asked.  Ainsley nodded.  "Yes.  It's sounds so wonderful.  I'm looking forward to attending this year's event.  I have given donations for the past eight years but never realized it was apart of you" she said.  "We don't like to toot our own horn" Olivia answered.  "There aren't many people that know our involvement."  She could feel the elder Apollo's eyes on her but it didn't bother her because they looked at her with nothing but love.

"This wine is simply delicious" Ainsley noted after taking a sip.  "It's from my family's vineyard back in Tuscany" Olivia commented.  "Were you born there?" Ainsley asked.  "Yes I was.  But my family moved shortly after I was born, to Sicily.  I lived there for about ten years and then we moved to America.  I grew up here in Philadelphia and my sophomore year of high school is when I met Gregorio" she said looking fondly at Angelo's dad.  "It was love at first sight" said Gregorio.

They talked about other lighter topics; Ainsley's job, her motorcycle and then Olivia asked her to come and join her in the kitchen while Angelo had some time with his father.  As Ainsley and Olivia stood up, both men stood up as well.  Olivia got a sweet kiss on her cheek and Ainsley received one on the lips.  She blushed at the public display of affection from Angelo but she realized his parents already knew how they felt about each other.

"It's an absolute miracle of destiny that you and Gregorio were reunited after all these years.  Ainsley, the only time I've seen Gregorio overcome with that much emotion was our wedding day, the birth and death of our oldest son and the birth of Angelo.  You were all he talked about that first night" Olivia said.  Ainsley walked around to the other side of the counter, from Olivia and said "I have to admit I was pretty emotional that night as well.  I couldn't believe he looked the same.  I heard his voice but when he turned around and I saw his eyes" she'd had gotten very emotional by this point.  "I knew it was him."

Ainsley fell in love with Olivia, just like Angelo had said she would.  She was a beautiful, caring, kind, lovely and warm woman.  A lot like her own mother, Tessa.  They spoke in more depth about Ainsley's high school days, college and now her experience as an ER doctor.  "It must be very exciting and rewarding knowing that you are helping all those people" Olivia said.  "It is very wonderful.  Some days are better than others.  You have days were everything goes great and then you have days that aren't so great.  You learn to rely on your coworkers and you give each other strength" Ainsley told her.

Eventually they sat down to a wonderful meal of Toscana soup, salad and bread sticks.  Olivia had instructed Eunice to make Tiramisu for dessert and it was like a slice of heaven on a plate.  Ainsley enjoyed the family atmosphere at the Apollo home because it reminded her so much of the one she had with her parents.  Sadly their time was coming to an end and it was time to say goodnight.

"Ainsley, darling.  I want you to know how happy I am that you have been reunited with this family.  We loved having you here and hope there will be many more occasions that will bring you back" Olivia said hugging her.  Next she was caught up in Gregorio's arms.  "I'm glad that you two have found each other" he whispered.  "Please be patient with him.  This is all new for him as well but I will tell you this, passero.  He cares very deeply for you.  Know this and hold on to it."  Ainsley hugged him fiercely.  "I love you, Angel" she whispered.