closer

I sighed and stared the ground when I realized how pathetic I was.

But not for too long, as much as I want to deny, it was good to hear harry talking to me and distracting me from this uncomfortable moment.

I knew what he was playing but I wasn't playing it, I really enjoyed my friends company and I do feel like he's already a friend.

''how have you been? You can't stay away from me for too long isn't?'' he smirked and rested his elbow against the sofa, staring right in my eyes.

I leaned my back on the sofa and rolled my eyes at him laughing quietly and shaking my head.

''it's just as people say, 'keep your friends close but keep your enemies even closer''

''if I can be closer I will be your enemy'' he winked and I punched his chest.

''we were meant to find each other, Annie, do not fight against it''

''that's so stalker oh my god!'' I laughed and he shrugged playfully. Having him so close it was very dangerous so I grabbed some food from the table and sat slowly just a bit farther so he won't notice.

My phone ringed and it was Evy's text.

-'Where are you?'

-'Are you okay?'

'Yes, where are you, guys?'

-'the rain won't stop, we are going back home and go out tomorrow'

-'are you with them?'

'Yes, Evy, I am but I'm going with you guys'

-'no way, stay and call me if you need us'

'Are you sure?'

Yes, deep inside I wanted to stay.

-'yes, see you tom x'

Harry tried to be sneaky and see my texts but I pushed his chest again and he wimped.

'Oh my god I'm sorry!' I laughed but seeing him hurt it was not funny. 'What happened to you?'' I questioned.

''it's my new tattoo, you just made it deeper'' he complained but laughed.

''let me see!'' I asked excited and he rolled his eyes but grabbed his shirt and rolled up to show me some kind of bird close to his heart.

''it's so pretty'' I said in awe and just when I was about to touch it someone cleared his throat and made me step back, looking at everyone, only Michael and the girl were staring at us.

Michael was glaring and the girl crystal rolled her eyes at Michael.

''get a room'' he mumbled and I frowned.

''I wish'' harry commented and Michael immediately stood up glaring at us.

I had enough with his behave and I can't understand why he keep acting so upset but he never says why.

I keep saying to myself that I do not have feelings for him, I won't get hurt again, I won't let anyone break my heart.

Harry was smirking widely whilst Michael was catching fire like kerosene.

''calum down guys'' calum tapped michael's shoulder but he shoved him off and stormed out of the room to some kind of dressing room and slammed the door shut. The girl left the room after that.

I turned to glare at harry and he noticed so he raised his hands defensively.

''I know! I should had behave but... but he's so... easy to affect when it comes to you that!... ugh! Sorry?'' he lowered his head pouting but I didn't forgive him.

Even though I already told to myself to stay away from Michael, I couldn't see him this mad because of me or harry teasing him.

''well, I have to go, bye mates, bye annie'' harry high fived them and hugged me leaving the room.

I just want him to be okay, to be happy, smiley like he always was and it's been a long time since I didn't see a genuine smile on his face.

''it was great to see you guys but I should go'' i said after a few minutes and hugged luke, calum and ashton.

'' awn ok, but I hope to see you again, you can visit us in our place here in Los Angeles, right guys?'' Luke asked to ash and calum.

''of course! call me'' calum winked and feigned a phone with his pinky and his thumb.

''I will''

'' actually we're going home now'' Ashton said and grabbed his backpack and keys.

''want a ride?'' Ashton asked to me.

''oh, please don't worry, evy will pick me up'' I assured him and he nodded.

''come on luke, I will drop you at your place'' calum said and we walked together to the fresh air after the weird rain of this evening.

''but Michael...'' luke started to complain but ashton cut him off.

''he have his car'' he said annoying and luke nodded.

When I got out of the now empty festival I took out my phone to call evy but my phone was deadly death.

''awesome!!'' I scowled out loud to no one.

''how the hell I will go back to home now?'' I grumped and kicked some rocks close to me. ''fucking great'' I sighed and sat on the bench in front of the gate of the venue.

What else can I do but walk.

I started to walk slowly getting away from the festival step by step, after a few seconds I heard some car getting closer slower than me and my heartbeat scared me.

I will get kill in my first visit to the city, as if it could get worse.

''get in'' I heard someone saying and I snapped my head towards the car.

It took me a few seconds to adjust my sight into the darkness inside the car but I recognized that face.

I stood there not knowing what to do nor say.

''it's freezing and I heard you don't have a ride'' he said calmly.

''I can walk'' I managed to say but it came out weak.

''you don't even know where you are right now'' he snorted and I glared at him.

''I can always ask, smartass''

''to who?'' he replied amusing and I looked around, it was fucking dark and not even a ghost could be walking around here right now.

''ok'' I groaned out loud and got in the car ''thanks'' I said reluctantly.

''good girl'' he teased and I sighed rolling my eyes.

''let's make this easy and fast, I tell you where and you tell me how much, ok?''

''how much what?'' he questioned.

''how much I own you for the ride?''

''don't be childish, Ann''

''so I'm the childish now? Great'' I scowled and crossed my arms over my chest, pouting and frowning... ok that was childish.

''you don't want me close so I don't want you close either, Michael'' I replied and he stared at me.

''and who told you I don't want you close?...''