1.1

say you love me to my face
i need it more than your embrace
just say you want me, that's all it takes
heart's getting torn from your mistakes

• say you love me - jessie ware

cause i don't wanna fall in love
if you don't wanna try,
but all that i've been thinking of
is maybe that you might
baby it looks as though we're running out of words to say
and love's floating away

dear luke hemmings,

you make me happy, i love you so much.

from, the girl in your spanish class

"i'm so happy for luke," ashton smiled, before he sipped his coffee and placed it back on the table.

"oh, about that mystery girl?" camila asked.

"yeah," ashton nodded, "he finally met his mystery girl—well not actually, because they pretty much knew each other," he giggled, as he fixed his brown hair.

but this made stella stop eating her salad. there's no way luke would've found out. and if he did, he would've find stella straight away.

"wait what?" stella gave a funny look, feeling a bit sketchy about what ashton just said.

"yeah, i didn't know about this," michael frowned, "but the last time i saw him, he was with acacia, he would've gone crazy if he found out already– wait, don't tell me acacia—"

"you guessed it right," calum sighed, placing his drink on the table, "it's crazy right? she doesn't look anything— poetic," he shrugged.

by now, camila, michael, and stella had their mouths open, the three of them clearly wasn't expecting that.

"there's no way," stella scoffed, "she literally cheated on luke, and she actually had the guts?" she clenched her fists under the table.

"that's what i thought." ashton continued, "we've known her for almost 5 years now, and she would never write anything near that."

at this point, stella was completely tongue-tied. no one knew about her liking towards luke, let alone her writing those letters for luke.

they continue eating and joke around, as if nothing was wrong. meanwhile, stella sat there quietly as her thoughts began swallow her.

even though stella and luke only held a few conversations, but those times were the best times of her life. she had never talked to someone and felt so much connection and sympathy, and luke changed that. but now, it was all ruined in a blink of an eye. acacia came back as if nothing happened between her and luke. for once stella thought she was ashamed, but she was wrong.

stella got home with a frown on her face. her mom was downstairs but she didn't even bother looking at her way. she stormed into her room and slammed her door shut.