Izumi and Itachi

Akeboshi here! I hope you enjoy this as much as you have enjoyed the rest of my stories!

Her footsteps echoed down the hallways as she rushed out of her home. The five year old was late, very late. Well, not very late... She was just your typical little panicking shy girl after all so she was worried about being late. Her glowing silver eyes scanned over everything she passed by as she ran. She waved at her father as she slipped out the front door. She ran down the pathway leading to the gates of the compound, only skidding to a halt upon seeing the clan leader and his wife. "Hiashi-sama, Hinori-sama." She greeted and the two of them offered the little girl small smiles.

"Ivara, be careful today." Hinori said and Ivara smiled and nodded to the violet haired woman.

You thought this was another one focused solely around Hinata, huh? Nope, this story is about her cousin.

Her name was Ivara Hyuuga, eldest daughter of Hizashi Hyuuga. She had the typical dark brown hair that the Hyuuga had. Her eyes were more silver than white, and this was in the manner of saying they appeared metallic instead of the usual flat grey. The curse mark adorned her forehead, but she didn't mind, her bangs covered it up for the most part. She didn't care that she was part of the branch family, that didn't matter to her in the slightest.

She was a shinobi; she wasn't going to be labeled because of her family's petty views.

The small building at the end of the road came into view and she smiled brightly. She slowed her run and reached for the door to open it, only for her to run right into someone. "S-sorry." She stammered as she stood and helped the other person up. She looked the girl in the eyes and they blinked in confusion. "Whoa... you look just like me." the other girl said and Ivara blushed and fumbled with her fingers. "E-except our eyes..." she said softly and the other girl grinned. "My name is Izumi, what's yours?" the darker eyed girl asked and Ivara opened her mouth to speak but she clamped her mouth shut once more.

"I-Ivara..." she managed and Izumi grinned at her. "Bow of the hunter?" she asked and Ivara nodded. "It's pretty." Izumi said and Ivara stared at her in awe. "Would you wanna be my friend? You're joining the academy aren't you?" she asked and Ivara nodded softly. "I w-would like that..." Ivara whispered and Izumi grinned and grabbed her hand, pulling her into the building. "Mitarashi-sensei!" Izumi called and the dark haired man turned to face her. "I found Ivara-chan!" she said and the black haired man smiled lightly, running a hand through his somewhat short spikey hair.

"Ivara Hyuuga, right?" he asked and Ivara fumbled over her words in her panic. Izumi giggled and nodded at him. "Yeah, she's Ivara Hyuuga." Izumi said and he rocked his head to the side in an iffy manner. "Jinn-san." Another voice called out and Ivara hid behind Izumi as the older man walked into the academy building. "Ah! Fugaku-san!" Jinn Mitarashi greeted and the older man smiled slightly. "This is Itachi. I brought him down because I thought I would take a look at the group, seeing as these kids are starting younger than the others." Fugaku said and Jinn nodded in understanding. "Itachi-kun!" Izumi chirped happily and the boy looked her way and smiled lightly.

"Izumi, I heard you were coming today." He said softly and Izumi grinned. "This is going to be so much fun!" Izumi chirped happily. "Oh! This is Ivara!" Izumi said forcing the other girl from behind her. Itachi watched the girl in confusion, his gaze shifting from Izumi to Ivara. "You look alike..." he said and his gaze lingered on Ivara, who was struggling to breathe. Her face was turning red because of the attention she was getting. "Oh no... Ivara." Jinn began and reached for the young girl, only for her eyes to roll up and she hit the floor. "Izumi, what happened?" Jinn asked and Izumi blushed.

"I was just introducing her to Itachi-kun..." she whispered and Jinn sighed. "Her father warned me this may happen..." Jinn sighed and rubbed his brow. "Is she going to be alright?" Itachi asked and Jinn nodded. "Yeah, she will be just fine once she wakes. She's just shy is all." Jinn laughed and Fugaku chuckled. "When you go to choose teams put her with an Inuzuka, she'll get over the shyness after a while." He said and Jinn chuckled. "Well, I suppose that may be true, seeing as we have the pleasure of having Hana Inuzuka here with us this year." Jinn said and Fugaku looked over where Tsume sat with her feet propped up on Jinn's desk, Hana sitting with her legs hanging off the desk.