Harumi and the Dragon

"Wow. It's so pretty from up here." She whispered and Hizashi smiled at his daughter. "Uncle, daddy, it must be nice being tall. Do you like being tall?" she asked and leaned forwards to look her uncle in the eyes. He chuckled and nodded. "Yes, I enjoy being tall. I can see everything and then I can hold you up here so you can see it all better." Hiashi said and Ivara giggled. "It is nice being tall, Ivara; but once you get tall you have to do adult things. Adult things aren't fun." Hizashi sighed and Ivara gave the thought a disgusted grimace. "I don't wanna grow up yet..." she whined, causing her father and uncle to laugh.

"The good things about being a tall grown up far outweigh the bad though, dear." Hinori said as she caught up with her husband and brother in law. "Auntie Hinori!" Ivara chirped delightfully and Hinori smiled as she linked her arm with her husband's. "What kind of good things, auntie Hinori?" Ivara asked and Hinori smiled. "Well, for one. You meet a wonderful man to stay by your side forever." Hinori said and Ivara thought about it for a moment. "Like you and uncle, and daddy and momma?" she asked and Hinori nodded. "You are all happy together... I want to be happy like you all." Ivara said and her father smiled.

"And you will when you get older." He said and Ivara beamed at her father. "When I get married can I have a wedding like auntie and uncle did? I want you to walk with me like grandpa walked with auntie." Ivara chirped happily and Hizashi laughed. "Of course dear, but under one condition." He said and she blinked at him, her face holding a look of such pure childlike confusion that it made him smile more. "What's that daddy?" she asked and Hinori giggled from behind her hand, while Hiashi tried to hold back he laugh. "I want you to promise me that you won't get married until you're twenty something, alright?"

"Alright daddy. How far is that? Is that when I turn ten?" she asked and he laughed and shook his head. "No, sweetie. That's in about fifteen years. When you turn ten you'll have ten more years." He chuckled and she tried counting it out on her fingers, but gave up as soon as she had raised all of them and then counted a second set of five by putting down the fingers on one hand. "That's a long time daddy. I promise I will find my favorite guy first." Ivara said and Hizashi's amusement faded ever so slightly as he listened to his young daughter. Hinori saw this change of demeanor and watched her brother in law with a worried glance.

"Daddy what's wrong?" she asked and he shook his head. "It's nothing, dear." He sighed then looked up at her. "I'm just surprised you're thinking about replacing me this early on..." he said feigning a hurt tone and Ivara's eyes went wide. "Daddy no!" she squealed and tears formed in her eyes. "You will always be my favorite daddy!" she said and he quirked a brow at her. "I'm your only daddy." He said and she grinned at him. "That's because you're my favorite. Like Uncle Hiashi is my favorite uncle and auntie is my favorite auntie. And momma is my favorite momma. It's because I only have one of you, that's why you're my favorite." She chirped and they all laughed lightly.

Hiashi knocked on the door to the small offset part of the hospital, Ivara humming contentedly from above him. The woman opened the door and let them into the building. "Hello, Ivara. I can tell it is you I'm going to look at today, so how are you?" Harumi the medic asked with a small smile. "I'm a dragon Harumi!" she whispered and Harumi looked at her in awe. "A dragon?" she asked in disbelief as she grabbed Ivara's arms ever so gently and began looking up and down her arms. "I don't see scales, so how are you a dragon?" she asked and Ivara sucked in a deep breath, but before her father or uncle could stop her she released the air and it made a small stream of fire come from between her lips in a little poof of flame. "See! I'm a dragon!" she giggled and Harumi laughed lightly.

"Congratulations Hizashi-sama, you have birthed a fearsome dragon." Harumi said and she lost some of her smile as her hand brushed over Ivara's ribs and she jumped away from her. "What happened, Ivara?" she asked and Ivara pulled up her shirt to show the medic her bruise. "I was fighting with Dozu... he said mean things and so I showed him that he couldn't be mean to me. I blew fire at him and he began stomping on me..." Ivara said as Harumi frowned. "I'm sorry he is mean to you dearie..." Harumi said as she rubbed some salve on her side. "I made two friends today!" Ivara chirped softly as the green glow washed over Harumi's hands. Ivara placed her hands against Harumi's and the green chakra spread over her hands.

"Whoa..." she whispered in awe as her hurt fingers began to stop hurting. The green chakra faded away and Ivara watched as Harumi placed her hands on her injured side. The pain began to fade and Ivara yawned loudly. "Who are your new friends dear?" Harumi asked and Ivara smiled softly. "Itachi and Izumi Uchiha. Izumi said my m-mark was pretty..." Ivara said softly and Harumi smiled. "That was nice of her." Harumi said as she stepped away from Ivara. "And Ivara, your mark is beautiful, don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise." Harumi said and waved as Hiashi plucked her off the table and handed her to Hizashi.

"Do you think my mark is beautiful too, auntie?" Ivara asked with a small yawn and Hinori smiled. "Of course." Ivara looked over to her uncle and saw the sadness in his eyes. "Don't be sad uncle Hiashi... It's ok. I like my mark." She said as she yawned once more, which made Hiashi look at his niece. "It is lovely, Ivara." He said softly and she smiled at him. "It makes me sad because it hurt you to put it there." he said and she smiled. "I know... but it just means I can't be the clan leader..." Ivara said with a really big yawn. "I don't want to be the clan leader... even if I were strong enough I wouldn't want to be. I want to explore the world, but you can't do that as clan leader; can you uncle?" she asked and he shook his head.

"No you can't, but you know what you could do for me Ivara?" Hiashi asked and Ivara looked over at him in curiosity. "You can travel the world for me, and bring me back things from all over." Hiashi said and Ivara beamed at him. "Ok!" she chirped happily and he chuckled. Hinori smiled at her niece and ruffled her hair. "When we get home I want to go sit with momma in the garden, daddy." Ivara said and Hizashi nodded. "Of course."