014 | falling apart

C A M I L A

C A M I L A

I wiped the tears that had fell down my cheeks, and brushed out my hair. I heard the screaming and bickering all the way from downstairs, and that made this war even worse. I couldn't walk anymore. This hatred and abomination in this household has gotten out of control. Everything changed when my father did the dumbest thing ever. I hate him for that.

It's like I don't have anyone else by my side anymore. The quickest person I would call to get here was my old friend Shawn, but I haven't talked to him in such a long time ever since this disastrous consequence happened.

The yelling got worse-and then I heard a gunshot. I clasped my mouth with my hand, and pulled my knees to my chest. I witnessed the cries of my mother, and sobs that had infiltrated my room. I covered the poisonous bawling by placing my hands on my ears. My brown hair shaded my whole face, and I used my shirt to dry these tears that had dropped.

I struggled to grasp my phone, so I used a rope to wrap it and pull it to me. I dialed Shawn to get here and to call the cops. Three rings, and it immediately went to voicemail. I looked up as more tears trickled down my cheeks. "Please Shawn, I need help." I cried into the phone.

Just as I was about to call again, I heard my ringtone go off. I pressed the answer button and held the phone close to my ear. "Shawn, I-I need help-p." I stuttered. "Please call the police to come to my house, I hear g-gunshots and my m-mom is crying - come now! Shawn!"

"Hello? I can't help you right now."

"What the hell? Shawn, I am in the middle of gunfire! I need you, p-please. I hear footsteps-"

The door bursted open with my mom crying as she clenched onto her stomach. My eyes averted to her, and she was bleeding with terror in her eyes. I mouthed, "Mom," and rushed to her. "No, please! Mama, don't do t-this to me-" I sobbed, as my throat was struggling to let out the words I wanted to say.

She breathed slowly, and kept her hand on her stomach. "Mil- Camila, I love you. I love you and don't you forget t-that. You must shine through these cracks we call life, and strive forward. If I, if I go - don't wait on me. You have to run, he's coming. I want you to go out of this window and run to Shawn's. Go!"

I shook my head, trying to see, although these tears blurred my sight. "No, no, Mama stop you're scaring me." Mama shook her head, and pressed her lips together. She was limping. She was weak. I catched her as she fell, and I couldn't bare with this.

"Go." She whispered. I nodded, and pulled up my window. I looked back at her one last time. "Strive forward."

I jumped off the ledge and rolled to the front of my yard. I dashed to Shawn's house, as my mom had said. Tears made their way down, and I could see the moon reflecting on the water as I tried to expedite the speed of running. His door was wide open, so I opened the door and went inside, sliding down the wall. I panted, and was so close to having my breathing being stopped.

His mom walked to the door, glancing at me for a second before she sped to see if I was okay. Blood had stained my clothes, and tears have painted my body.

"Camila! Are you okay?" She questioned, holding my arm. I looked up and shook my head-water blanketing my eyes. "Shawn!" She yelled.

The boy who I thought was done with everything stepped downstairs, his lips parting as he saw me. I stood up slowly, and dropped my jacket. He walked towards me as I stepped closer. I wanted to wrap my arms around him and hug the life out of him, but we were both in shock.

We took seconds exchanging looks, but I couldn't wait any longer. I threw myself on him and wrapped my arms around his neck. It took a few seconds for him to realize what I was doing, until he did the same and wrapped his around my waist.

"Camila," he breathed out. I felt shivers down my spine. It was so long since I have heard my name said through his lips. "I am so sorry."

I pursed my lips, and hugged him tighter. "I hate you so much," I exhaled, my voice cracking at the end from the amount of tears.

"I know, and I-I, I don't know what to do." He said, tears dripping on my shoulder.

"Please just hug me."

----------

oml so SORRy !! I just finished school so I have more free time. okay I hoped you like this imagine as it was cheesy af