Prelude

Where was I? How did I get there? Why couldn’t I see? These are all questions that I seemed to find no answer to, causing me great distress. I don’t remember how I got there or even where there was, although I do know why I couldn’t see, it was simply too dark.

After a while my eyes adjusted and I soon found that I was in what looked to be a basement, another thing I found out was that I seemed to be tied to a chair in the middle of the room. I was surrounded by what looked to be medical equipment used for major surgery and dentistry, which gave me quite a fright due to the phobia of the medical profession that I acquired at a young age due to an injection gone wrong. The horror coursed through my body causing a shiver to creep down my spine in a manner that left me immobilized by my fear.

I don’t know how long I was there but after a few hours I heard a creak at the top of the stairs, someone was descending into the shadows. It was a tall dark figure, definitely female, with long hair. You would have never have guessed who it was, and nor would I until now.

It’s only now looking back on the past five years that I can see why she did it, how she did it and why she chose me instead of someone else. One thing that I couldn’t quite understand though, was how she managed to fool me in such a way, how could I have let my guard down so much? I guess I was young and stupid.

But I digress, you are probably wondering who I am and what I’m going on about. Well first off, I’m Tiffany Stevens, a girl of seventeen and I go to Winterfield Academy for my studies. The events that lead to the situation I’m in right now shall soon unfold; events such as my forbidden love, my capture, and my escape.