Chapter 4: Waking

When I woke, I had no recollection of where I was or who I was with, to be honest with you I don't think I even knew too much about myself. This left me, quite obviously, in a state of frustration. The room I was in seemed foreign to me, I was very unfamiliar with it although I wished it wasn't as it gave me great amounts of pleasure just being there. I found that the room was dark, and with this I remembered the way I had gotten there.

I looked around franticly, trying to find the owner of such a room, however the shadows seemed too dense for me to see through and I'm afraid my eyes weren't at their best at that time in particular. However, I could feel him, his eyes locked onto me as if I interested him greatly; as if I was something precious that needed to be protected and watched over at all times. I knew he was there, because he knew I was there. It was the way that day had gone by that told me that he would always be there, even if it was just in the back of my mind.

Finally I found him, far closer than I had expected to. He was sat at the end of the bed and, as I had predicted, he was staring at me intensely with a look in his eye that I couldn't read. He looked over me and then regained eye contact with me within the space of a few seconds, as if he was trying to process my look. I in turn, however involuntarily, looked over him once again like I had so many times before this but what I found was no different than those times, nothing but the look in his eyes. The look that I found no name for, the one I couldn't quite process.

He started to move away from his seat towards me, I lifted myself into a sort of sitting position that was half way between sitting and lying, never taking my eyes off of him at any point. He wasn't to be trusted any one time, none of them were. You couldn't trust any of them; I couldn't trust any of them, but her. I could trust her. I could always trust her, she always did her job properly without fault, that was why...

Either way, I held my gaze with him at all points to ensure my own safety, no matter how illogical it was. I still feel, even today knowing what I know, that I did the right thing at the time. I know I could have left at any point I felt frightened, I could have just got up and left; but what good would that have done? Why should I have run from him? He wasn't doing anything wrong; all he had done was stand up and started walking towards me. It would have done no good to run; he would have only stopped me anyway. He was much stronger than he looked.

As he walked towards me his smile grew more mischievous, sexy even, as if he was about to get away with something that had never been done before, and maybe he was, what would I have known about it. He grew closer to me, and then closer still; the closest you could get to the bed without actually being on it. He looked at me for a long time, not that I knew precisely how long but it was far too long to say the least, then his lips uttered my name with an out take of air. He sat next to me about halfway down the bed and yet again he said my name although this time he seemed more questioning. I think he expected me to reply but my head was swimming with different questions that I couldn't quite process, things like; Why am I here? Why is he here? Where is here? Was this his room? The last thought made me slightly anxious, and creeped out. It made me anxious as I knew I probably shouldn't be here, and creeped out as he was still staring at me, plus he's a teacher. Everything about this was wrong and I knew it. I started to slide myself into a sitting position but before I had the chance to complete the action he was standing next to me, in just a few strides he had made it to my side. One of his hands gently rested on the small of my spine and the other brushed stray hair from my face as he slid me back into a laying down position.

His breath, hot on my neck, was intoxicating. I barely noticed him leaning forward, placing the weight of his body over my mine, pressing himself against me. His hand slipping down my back, coming to a halt at the base of my spine. As he leaned in I realised what was beginning to happen, I pushed myself bolt-upright. I couldn't let it happen, not now, not ever. I pushed him away, throwing back the sheets and running to the door, I didn't even think about it. I just ran.

My feet made gentle slapping sounds, growing faster and faster as frustration, anger, and general startlement started to grow. My breath heavy and laboured, making it difficult for me to move. I started to struggle, I stumbled, crashing into the wall to my left, gently sliding down as everything started to spin. I felt the familiar rush as the world began to morph...

... As I began to slip, and my world started to come into place, its sight my idea of heaven as its walls disintegrated further leaving nothing but crumbling wall and mould.

* * *

I don't remember what happened but i woke up in hospital.