Chapter 1: eyes

I woke up like every morning and every morning was the same. I did nothing out of the ordinary, nothing unusual, yet I could feel that something was entirely different. Maybe it was because it was the beginning of the school year, or maybe because I didn't have her here to support me, the safety net was gone. I don't know what it was but I just didn'tfeel right.

Despite my feeling of discontent seeping through every aspect of my daily routine, I got washed and dressed in my normal manner. I picked out my favourite strawberry red shirt and a similarly colured red silk and lace ruffled skirt, and a pair of black shoes with a slight heel to compensate for my shortness. I curled my hair into neat little angel curls, and applied my make up to near perfection, taking hold of my phone and bag, I left for school. Nothing especially odd at all.

I will begin with the first lesson, Science to be precise. I waited outside the class in an orderly fashion, with my folder in hand, until the teacher arrived to allow us entry. I didn't really notice him at first, I was too busy texting my friend, Sophie, to ask her where the hell she was, but with that she came around the corner wearing the same evil smile she always wore at the beginning of the year. It said "are we gonna raise hell or what?" it has been the same for the past five years, to which I always returned with one of my own. My smile, however, was quickly wiped off of my face.

I walked in with my head down talking to Sophie about our plans for this year's Science teacher; we had already scared off six teachers, so I was a bit preoccupied. We went straight to the back of the room to where we had always sat, not expecting to be challenged about it. We were right of course, he made nothing of it. He cleared his throat, intending to start, at which I mumbled "here we go" to Sophie and raised my head, releasing a slight gasp of surprise at the perfection I found in front of me.

His eyes were a liquid brown with golden flecks that shimmered and shone in the artificial white light of the school that always seemed to make things seem dull, except for him. They were warm and welcoming but there was something slightly unnerving about them that I couldn't quite process. Just looking into those precious eyes, it always reminds me of that day, everything was so simple before I met him, so, so simple and a little... plain. They held me there in a beautiful prison that I couldn't escape, not that I wanted to. His hair, almost matching his eyes, was sticking up in all kinds of positions, and although you could see the product, it somehow suited him. Every smooth and flawless angle of his face led back to those beautiful orbs that held me captive for such a long time, but quickly my eyes flicked to his delicate lips. They complimented every part of his face. I don't know how long I was staring at him but I felt a sharp jab to the ribs from Sophie that suggested that I was staring for a long while and that she didn't approve.

I took one look at her and instantly knew what she was thinking, "You're insane". She frowned at me, causing a slight flinch. She was angry and that was always a bad thing, I knew what was coming next. The look on her face was pure murder, her face the image of thunder and lightning, so dark it would take a million candles to brighten her up. It was then that I knew that that year would be hell, what with my angry friend and a super beautiful teacher. How the hell was I going to get through this year?