Chapter 14

The walls started to come down i knew that we had to get out of here. As we ran Jon dropped the book.

"You've lost the book" we dragged her away sand was raining down as we entered a gold room Jonathan stopped wanting to grab something but i dragged him away Beni was behind us

"O'Connell" he whimpered

"Come on Beni" he offered him a hand but the door shut.

"come on we haven't much time" i yelled running again we made it outside the structure was falling down and we ran the other way sand caving in behind us we ran to the other camels and we watched at Hamunaptra was sucked into the earth and was no more than a name. I hand was on my shoulder i screamed turning round.

"Ardeth" i hugged him he embraced me before we looked at the others

"You have earned the respect and gratitude of me and my people" he smiled

"Ah it was nothing" Jon replied

"May Allah always smile up on you" he kissed his hand then his head Jon did something the same as i was lead away from the others.

"I'm afraid i will have to say goodbye to you to" he told me

"But why. Ardeth we have spent over 3,000 years waiting and looking for each other you can't leave now." i stated

"I know and we will be together soon but there are things to be done here i swear we shall meet again but until then take this" he lifted up a necklace and slipped it over my head before kissing me. He parted and got onto his camel i held the necklace as he waved goodbye to the others.

"We will be together again" i whispered watching him leaving i looked to the others and saw Evy and Rick kissing i rolled my eyes at least someone gets a happy ending i got onto a camel and riding off into the desert.

That's it the end