Chapter 8

Cameron had left early this morning to get ready for school, he had asked me "if I wanted him to stay with me" I had declined and said that I would meet him there.

There was no point in moping around all day at home on my own, so at least at school I have my friends.

It was Friday morning and I was sat staring at my cereal, dressed up in my uniform, I have been since 6.00 when Cameron got up to leave.

I began to eat, when I glanced at the clock and I had once again used makeup to cover the dark rings beneath my eyes.

Once I'm happy with my appearance, I grab my readily prepared lunch and take my bag with me out the door, I slip my headphones in and sit in the front garden, a small bench hidden in the shrubbery.

Pictures flew past, in a blur of me in the club the other night, what I would have seen if I hadn't shut my eyes, every time I saw one, they got worse, my sister crying and screaming, Cameron was right, I will find whoever she is with and... and... I didn't know what I would do when I found them, but wasn't going to be pretty!

-------------

"Al?" the voice was faint, almost nonexistent behind the commotion inside my head, I opened my eyes when my headphones were ripped from my ears.

Zara was stood in front of me, "where the hell have you been?" she yelled, "why are you here?" I ask her quietly, "I had time to kill so I thought I would drop in and see if you were gonna make an appearance today!" she shouted in my face, I knew she was angry about me not replying to her last night but would you? When you just found out that your sister may have been kidnapped.

"stop yelling at me!" I snap, Zara frowns and says, "sorry" I nod once and look at a bird singing in the branches, Zara sighs and sits beside me.

"I think my sister has been kidnapped" I say softly, a tear rolls down my cheek, ah welcome back tears! I've missed you!

I continue to stare at the tree, "Alex, I... What do you mean by kidnapped?" I stare at the tree in disbelief, I didn't want to tell the story again, but this was Zara, my best friend, I had to tell her.

"Oh Alex, I'm so sorry! I should have been here with you!" she states after being told the whole story, she puts her arms out and I go to her for yet another hug.

"Come on, or else we're gonna be late!" I tell her, "Alex, don't go to school you'll only cry more" she says, "will I? I'm not sure because if I stay here, yes I'm gonna cry, cause I have 50,000 things to remind of my sister and if I stay I'm gonna go crazy and never come out, cause she is the only one that kept me going once my parents had died, what happens when she doesn't come back huh? Who is gonna get me out of bed every morning, or yell at me until I do get up? Whose gonna do that huh?" I brake down and floods of tears roll from my eyes.

Zara pulled me up and we began walking towards the stop, harsh December wind blows around us, cooling my red cheeks and blowing back any tears.

We hadn't quite reached the bus stop when the coach pulled up in front of us, Zara thanked him for me and we took our seats and she handed me back my headphones, I put them in pocket along with my iPod.

Luke was annoying Lucie and Meg, and I chuckled how he tried to explain how to make an avatar, although annoying, he never failed to amuse me.

I had slept more in the last week than anyone would in a year, so why the hell was I this tired?

The bus pulled up at school, Miss Wale was greeting the pupils as they got off, yeah more like spying on their uniform, Me and Zara managed to sneak past her when she called Lucie and Meg over to roll down their skirts.