Process to Stardom (Part 4 of 5)

Start- Day 69

Lauren

3:45 A.M.

“Crap!” I shouted as I kicked the chair across the dance studio. “I can’t get my mind on the dance. This is seriously pissing me off.” I growled as sat on the studio floor with my feet against the mirror. ‘This is that evil witches fault! If she didn’t call me I would have had this song down and we would be discussing the music video right about now.’ I thought to myself. I stretched a bit, “Okay, song theme… Girl likes boy. Boy and friend find out and play with the girl’s feelings. Girl finds out and heartbroken… If only I had someone to practice with.”

“What about us?”An amused voice wondered. I looked up in the mirror and smiled, “What are you guys doing here? Shouldn’t you be asleep?”

“We could ask you the same thing. Why are you up at this time of night?” Himchan asked as he hugged me at my waist before he lifted me to my feet gracefully. “Thanks.” I smiled lightly trying to keep my heartbeat steady. “So why are you here still?” Yongguk interrupted and I jumped slightly forgetting he was here too. “Dance routine. The deadline is almost up and I got nothing.”

“What’s the theme?” He asked as he picked up the notebook. “Heartbreak. Girl likes boy. Boy and friend find out and play with the girl’s feelings. Girl finds out and heartbroken.”

“Sounds like a pretty easy concept. By the lyrics it sounds like she can’t help still loving him.” Yongguk commented as he handed Himchan the notebook. “Sounds simple enough. How about you act out the theme and maybe the dance will come to you?” He suggested. I pointed at him and smiled, “Have I ever told you I love your brain!” I grinned.

“Okay then which one of us would you like to be your crush.” They smiled. I laughed, “Ummm… Yongguk, would you like to be my crush?” I noticed Himchan’s smile falter a bit before it came back. “Sure, I’d love to be the one who breaks your heart.” Yongguk winked. I chuckled and walked to the front of the mirror, “Ready?” Yongguk nodded as Himchan walked up behind me. “You can also practice your acting skills. Just try to lead us, okay?” he whispered in my ear causing me to shiver and I reluctantly nodded before he stepped away, holding the remote to the stereo, from Yongguk and I so we were the only ones in the middle of the dance studio. “Ready?” Himchan asked. “Wait!” I ran to my journal thinking of an idea and quickly began scribbling some words before I ripped it out then I folded it into a small rectangle. I also grabbed the video camera Jen and Melody use to use for their YouTube videos and placed it next to Himchan then pressed record. He looked at me as to say ‘Ready now’ and I nodded as he pressed play.

As the piano began I turned to face Yongguk and I shyly walked over to him as he leaned against the wall casual watching my moves in anticipation. I stopped in front of him right as the piano stopped and handed him my note as I bowed slightly waiting for him to take it. He took the note casually and I looked back into his eyes before he shifted his glaze to the note. He opened it and stared at it for a moment before looking back at me without breaking his character. I looked at him with a small smile waiting, anticipating, to see what would happen next. Yongguk finally smiled kindly and wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close burying my face into his well build chest. My body momentarily lost movement as it molded itself perfectly between Yongguk and his arms. When he finally pulled away he peck my cheek with a kiss before he walked past me. I turned, trying to stay in character, and held my cheek as he had his back towards me then I smiled at him happily. Then the piano stopped and a loud rock beat (sort of like Ticking Bomb by Eyes Set to Kill) began as I left the camera’s view as Yongguk and Himchan met up. They greeted each other with their smiles and a fist pump then Himchan pointed at the area Yongguk and I were seen together. Yongguk smirked while handing Himchan my love letter and Himchan excitedly opened the letter than laughed after reading it. He crumbled up the confession note and tossed it behind him. Then he looked at Yongguk with a knowing smile. Yongguk caught on and he smiled back as he held his pointer finger in front of him for emphasis that he understood before they left the camera’s view and Yongguk came to my side and we walked back into the camera’s view. He and I were acting on our “first date” as he held my hand pretending to be walking down the busy streets. I pointed happily “across” the street and ran over to the mirror glazing at all “clothes” when I saw Yongguk’s expression as he talked on his phone like he was more entertained with the phone call then the date. I frowned slightly but eventually he walked up to me and we walked away to a “restaurant.” We sat down and Himchan took our order and after a while of “eating” he was given the bill and he immediately handed it to me. I looked at him a tad bit confused before I paid the bill and then he simply kissed my cheek and left. The next “day” Himchan handed me a note and confusingly I took it reading it quickly. I smiled happily as I ran to the spot Yongguk was at and my smile quickly faded as Yongguk held a “Girl” (aka Himchan with my pink hoodie on) by the wall hiding her from view. Yongguk turned at me with a sadistic smirk and I back away and Himchan quickly to the place a bit further away without my hoodie. I looked at Himchan and he smirked as well then I turned on my heels to run away crying. Then I ran to my “room” and ripped up everything except a small piece of paper I used as a picture of Yongguk and I cried. Then I looked up at the mirror to see a reflection of Yongguk and I tried to reach for him, but I couldn’t. Then the song ended as I looked down at the ground.

“I got it!” I shouted as I got up from the ground. The men looked at me in confusion, “What?” I asked. “You just did… THAT and you are still more focused on the fact that you came up with a routine.” Yongguk wondered in amazement. “You can go home now? I just really want to get this done.” I replied as I reset the instrumental song. Himchan stood to the left of me as Yongguk stood on the ringt. “Let’s do this” they both smiled at me.

Meisong

9:30 A.M.

“She’s not answering her phone Jennifer. Where could she possibly be?” I groaned in annoyance. “I don’t know. Unnie is pretty unpredictable… Ah hold on I got a text.” Jennifer looked down at her phone. “Is Yongguk or Himchan with you guys?” she read aloud at the text Daehyun sent. We looked up at each other and rolled our eyes, “Tell them to meet us at TS and tell Zelo to come watch Melody.” Jennifer sighed as she got her house keys. I grabbed my phone and called Zelo, “Hello.” Zelo yawned. “Hey, it’s me. Can you watch melody again? She’s asleep, but Jen and I are going to TS real fast.” I explained. “Sure I’ll be there soon.” Then the phone call ended.

We arrived outside TS where Youngjae, Jongup, and Daehyun stood waiting, “Hey boys!” Jennifer greeted. “Hey cuties!” Jongup winked. “So why are we here?” Youngjae asked as he walked to my side. “To find our seniors. I suspect they spent the night here.” Jennifer suspected. The guys looked at them confused so Jennifer and I began walking toward the dance studio as the boys quickly followed us. We stopped in front of the dance studio and Jennifer walked in first, “Wow.” She said in shock. We quickly got in the studio, “Wow. They fell asleep like that…” Jongup blushed lightly. Lauren lied in front of Himchan who was lying behind her with his arm around her waist as Yongguk was sleeping in front of her with her hand and his together.  “I got to take pictures.” Jennifer giggled as she grabbed her phone and started snapping pictures. “Hey Jen, is this your video camera.” I asked as I picked up the video camera. “Yea, let me see it.” Jen took the camera and started messing with it. “Guys look at this.” Jen said with excitement. We huddled together and looked at the video, “Noona… She came up with the dance routine AND the music video concept…” Youngjae gasped. “She’s an actress? Since when?” Jennifer asked. “She’s been in community plays.” I commented. We all looked at each other then at the time, “Let’s go see Hanul!”

We all rushed into Hanul’s office, “What bring you five here?” She asked in shock. “We have the dance routine and the music video concept done.” Jen and I grinned as Jen placed the video camera on Hanul’s desk confidently.

Melody

I yawned as I got out of bed. I pulled my hair out of its messy bun and allowed it to freely fall over my left shoulder. I looked around the room and notice Jennifer was awake, so I walked out of my room as I pulled my long plaid shirt down to my knees and fixed my shorts that were under it. “Good morning unnies.” I yawned as I entered the living room hearing the tv on. I looked at the couch and the color drained from my face, “Oppa!” I shouted in surprise. Zelo’s eyes were wide and he quickly turned his glaze from me to the wall on the right side of him. I stepped back quickly, “I’m so sorry! I didn’t know… I’ll be right back!... I’m… AH!” I screamed as I ran to my room and slammed my door quickly. My heart raced and I slid down the door trying to calm my beating heart. “Oh how embarrassing.” I whispered as I ran my hand in my hair.

Process to Stardom: 75%