One Phone Call...

Day 418

Lauren

Dear girls:

The attention I got when I first got to Japan since I was 4Clover’s leader died quickly and I couldn’t help but be happy about it. I started working at the school and the kids were all so kind. I also went to that dance studio my mom told me about the first day I got here, so on my weekends I have classes for people who were in the expert classes. That was pretty fun too. You could say I adjusted to Japan pretty fast seeing as I’ve only been here a month. My mom loved it here too and since her business started off here pretty fast her name was recognized all over different parts of Japan. She’s even starting a project to have a building in Sapporo, Japan as well as Singapore. Her business was sweeping my dad’s lawyer firm by far. Serves him right. Bet he wish he stayed now. Speaking of my dad, funny thing. He makes the best lawyers look bad. He was involved in yet another scandal. He was bribing the opposing lawyer to let him win the cases he was in. Hah, sucker. As for me, well I started going by Cassidy again because well like Himchan said, ‘it suits me’ and in a way it does. No, not because my hair is curly, but because of the fact I am pretty clever. Hmm, me complimenting myself. It’s odd, huh? My stoic mask has been broken. After years of hiding everything, it just faded away… Well, more like my mom bought lots of chocolate ice cream and tear jerking movies the first night I was here and I cried. I cried longer than the movie. I guess when you bottle so much up there is a lot to cry about.

How are you guys? I heard about your music video and you giving Hanul a hard time with a new member. She should have listened to my warning. But I have to go now! I still haven’t printed out the first test of the year. Haha, me give out test? Who would have guessed?

Xoxo

Cassidy

I sent my email before shifting to the document holding my first English test when my mom came and sat beside me on the couch, “hot cocoa?” She offered. I set down my laptop quickly and pressed print before taking a mug of hot cocoa, “Mom made her famous hot cocoa. I’m either extremely lucky or we are celebrating something.” My mom smiled as she sat on her knees, “Well I want to say lucky, but we are celebrating 4Clovers first album release tomorrow.”

“Oh? They set the date that fast?” I asked in shock. “You guys have been working on that album for months. It’ll be odd hearing your voice in the songs and you not being actually in the group any longer” I nodded. “That’s true, but it was fun while it lasted. I love what I do now.” My mother ran her hand in my hair and smiled. “What are you smiling about?”

“Just admiring the young woman I was so lucky to call my daughter. How many people can say they have the perfect daughter?” My mom smiled wider. “I’m only quote on quote perfect now because I made all my mistakes as a kid.” I joked. “Oh yes, back then I feared you would end up arrested or killed when you joined your gang” my mother chuckled at the memories. “That never worried me. I picked up on fighting rather fast. I protected myself rather well until I left the group.” I smiled. My mom sipped on her drink and smiled into her cup, “Who could have guessed our lives would become so…”

“Perfect?” I finished. “Yes, perfect. I thought after your father and I divorced that we would end up on the streets.”

“We did end up on the streets. Only for a few months though” I cut in. “I don’t know what I would have done without you girls back then. You both gave me the strength to try and make something of myself.” I held onto my mom’s hand, “You girls are my strength now. When I was married to your father I thought I had to live life off a man, but after the divorce the day you hit me. I realize I needed to support my children no matter what. If you girls were taken from me, I don’t think I would have made it this far.” I smiled at my mom recalling the day I hit her. “Thank you ten year old me for hitting mom” my mom laughed. “Yes, thank you ten year old Cassidy” she thanked. We reminisced the rest of the night before we called it a night and went to our respected bedrooms.