VIII - The Revelation.

••| Chapter 8 |••

Ryan:

I wore a casual t-shirt and my denims. I opened the door and at the same time, she opened hers. I took a good look at her. She wore a pink and white check shirt and a three fourth jeans. She paired it with an open white beaded pair of sandals. Her hair were twisted and pinned neatly sideways, the rest were open like a waterfall. A naughty strand of her hair was dangling right beside her face. She wore minimum makeup. Just a little lip balm. She didn't need any to be very honest.

"You look fresh!" I complimented her stupidly.

You look mesmerising, I mean!

"Thank you." She said picking up her mobile and put it inside her clutch.
We reached the door opposite to our apartment and I knocked at it.
2 minutes later, the evergreen lady, Mrs Taylor greeted us warmly. She was so warm that one couldn't just hate her.

How unlucky were those children who had abandoned her. They were surely missing out on something really precious.

"Who's this pretty doll with you, Ryan?" She asked smiling at her and planting a kiss on her cheek.

"My friend." I answered, thinking to choose the right word.

"I am Sara, Sara Edwards. Nice to meet you, Mrs Taylor." She replied with a polite smile.

"It's an honour to have you here, sweetie." She smiled and led the way to her dining room.

Afterwards, We sat near the fire place, hearing her stories. "I was young and living a perfect life with my husband and three kids. My husband was rich and we had a respectable livelihood in the society. Then, one day everything crashed apart. My husband died in a car accident, leaving me behind with three little kids to take care of. I worked day and night, gave my kids all the love, not wanting them to feel the absence of their father. I fulfilled all their needs, provided them with the best education I could, food, clothing. Despite the difficulties I tried to fulfil their wishes, their needs. One of my son became a professor at a university and the other an engineer. They married the girls of their choices and now have kids. I haven't seen my grandchildren for even once in my life." She said as a tear rolled down. Sara quickly wiped it away with her fingers.

"They didn't deserve such a noble woman as their mother, Mrs Taylor." She said squeezing her hand.

And there, I felt so much at peace that words were less. These two had become the most important ladies of my life. When? I didn't even know. But now they were a part of it. My once colourless life was colourful again. I felt complete.

"Then, my daughter who stayed with me married a man who studied with her in college. She now lives in New Jersey. She has a cute little daughter. I saw her pictures. I asked her to visit me some time and bring my grand daughter to meet me. Daughters are the most precious blessings of God.
My sons never visited me after they left me saying "What have you done for us?" You spend your entire life providing your children with all the necessities but in the end they say this. However, God has given me another son in the form of Ryan. I love him like my own and I know he loves me too." She grinned.

"I do! My lady." I kissed her hand and she laughed heartily.

"Now, if you ladies excuse me for some time, Nature's calling." I told them sheepishly and got up from the floor cushion.

Sara:

Mrs Taylor told us her stories and the way her children left her alone. I was very touched by her. Poor lady deserved much better but then, she got Ryan. The way these two talked, I figured out that they had developed a very special bond over the years. Ryan got up from there.