II - Protecting her.

••|Chapter 2 |••

Playlist: Fix You - Coldplay.

Ryan:

I was walking towards a cave and it was giving out a lot of light that it almost blinded me. Stumbling, I somehow tried reaching the cave but suddenly everything grew dark. The clouds started thundering and rain poured down. I was about to turn back when I saw a girl standing there in front of me. I was horrified thinking that she was a ghost. I started to run back.

"Stay!" She shouted from behind.
I stood still and turned around to see her dropping on her knees. I went towards her, taking my steps slowly. I knelt in front of her even though I wanted to run away. She threw her arms around me.

"Heal me!" She whispered slowly and fell in my lap, unconscious

I jerked up from my bed. A dream, only a dream. I let out a deep breath and wiped away the beads of sweat that had formed on my forehead. I was about to lay down back when I heard sniffing and crying. I quickly got up and peeped in through the door. There she sat on the bed, her head down, crying and sniffing.
Suddenly she started screaming in pain.

"Leave Me! Go Away! Don't hurt me! I haven't done anything. Please believe me. Leave me. I beg you, please. Leave me." She continued screaming with her eyes closed and her hands in air as if motioning someone to back away. I settled myself on the corner of the bed, taking every step carefully. She was again shivering badly not from cold this time, but from fear and pain. I wrapped my arms around her, trying my best to calm her down.

"Shush! Shush! You're safe now. I am here. Nobody will hurt you. Please stop crying." I whispered slowly in her ear, rubbing her back. She winced in pain and I realised that there was a lot of damage that needed to be repaired. She buried her head in my chest and cried her heart out, soaking my t-shirt with her precious tears. I had never seen anyone crying this badly, literally crying and screaming. After she calmed down a bit, she moved back to look at me. In a swift move, she jerked away.

"W--Who Ar--Are You?" The horror in her eyes and hiccuping voice was quiet evident.

"I am Ryan Anderson." I replied politely.

"Where am I?" She asked in a low soft voice.

"You're in my apartment. You just fainted on the road in heavy rain. Don't worry, you're safe here. No one will hurt you. I will drop you at your home in the morning." I kept my tone as polite as possible.

"No!" She shouted suddenly as I saw the horrified expressions in her eyes. A scared child inside her. "Don't drop me home. I want to go away."

"Okay." I replied her with a blank face.

I got up from the bed and went to my room. When I was calming her down, I felt her body burning. I assumed she was having fever. I took out the medical box from my night stand drawer and took out a medicine. Carrying a glass of water, I knocked at the room but there was no answer. I went inside and saw her in same position as before. I cleared my throat to get her attention.

"Take these medicines. You're having fever." I leaned my hand forward so that she could take it. She simply shook her head in return.

"Please, take these. You're burning and I will have to take you to hospital if you don't take these right now." I told her in a commanding tone but kept my voice soft. She was already scared. I didn't want to scare her more. She leaned her hand forward and I dropped the tablet in her hand. She threw it in her mouth and grabbed the glass with trembling hands. She wasn't even able to grip it properly. I placed my hand over hers on the glass and helped her drink. Then, I placed it on the night stand and watched her. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. I noticed the cuts and scrapes again. The blood had almost dried now but some of them were still bleeding. Then again the swollen part of the jaw. It had turned a darker shade of purple. I winced at the sight. Not listening to her, I got up and brought the first-aid box. She kept pushing me away but I didn't budge. I would have to clean the wounds or else something worse would happen. I grabbed the cotton and poured some anti-septic on it. I gently held her one arm in my hand and started cleaning the wounds. She winced in pain and closed her eyes as soon as the cotton made contact with the cuts. I made sure that I was as gentle as possible. Then I cleaned her other arm and applied the bandages. I didn't know where else she had those cuts. I asked her but she didn't reply.