XIII - "I love it all."

••| Chapter 13 |••

Playlist: Raabta - Agent Vinod.

Sara:

I couldn't sleep the whole night. There were so many things running in my head. In order to distract myself, I decided to revise my chapters for tomorrow's exam but even then my mind kept drifting to his words.

You've become a habit of mine!

Your happiness is my happiness.

Give me a chance!

I shook my head and went out in need of some fresh air. The starry sky kept reminding me of the beautiful moment we shared a while ago beneath it. It kept reminding me of all the nights we sat at the balcony or anywhere watching the stars. It kept reminding me how easily he made me laugh when I didn't even want to smile.

It can be seen in your eyes how much you love each other.

Oh Delilah! Why did you have to say this? Why did you complicate my already tangled life?

I took deep breaths in the cool air. It somehow relaxed me. I went inside and just concentrated on my books for the moment. At 6:00, Delilah also woke up and she revised her chapters. We grabbed two sandwiches from the cafe and ate it along our way to the exam hall, discussing important concepts and sharing with each other. The bell rang at sharp 8:00 and the question papers were distributed. After 3 hours of pure torture, I was finally done with high school. We were finally done with high school. We celebrated and expressed our pleasure and joy to everyone present around us. Delilah and I reached the dorm room. She packed her stuff, leaving for her hometown, Virginia and I packed mine. We exchanged our contacts, social media profiles and promised to stay in contact. Exhausted, we both fell on the bed. I didn't know when sleep over powered me but I was waken up by my loudly ringing phone.

Ryan. It displayed.

Oh Shit! He must be outside, waiting for me!

I quickly grabbed my stuff. I tightly hugged Delilah and shed some tears. She was the only sincere friend I ever had. She came to see me off to the car. Ryan helped me in putting all the stuff in the trunk.

"Let's go home." I stated.

"Home!" He beamed and I realised the double meaning of my statement. I couldn't mislead him. Waving at her through the window, we sped off. After a drive of 30 minutes, we finally reached the apartment. He unloaded my luggage and carried it to the apartment.

Mrs. Taylor met us on the way.
"Kiddos, My daughter is coming tonight with my grand daughter. I would love it if you could join." She asked hoping for a positive response.

"We'll see, Aunt!" Ryan told her.

"We'll come, Mrs Taylor." I answered.

She grinned and went inside.
I was tired and sleep deprived so I quickly took a novel, a blanket and a mug of coffee to the balcony. Straightening out my legs at the table in front of me, I practically slouched on the uncomfortable chair. I had only read 4 chapters of Twilight when a big yawn escaped my mouth. I placed it on the table and closed my eyes tightening the blanket around me.

Ryan:

I pretty much messed up. I was afraid that she might get scared after hearing my confessions and my fear turned into reality. She never gave an answer and no answer meant rejection. Simple! Still, I couldn't jump to conclusions just like that. Maybe she was taking her time. Maybe she just wanted to relax after an exhausting study week. I won't let her go away just like that, not before giving us a chance. I went out to see her sleeping peacefully on the chair with her lips slightly parted. Half of the blanket was falling on the floor, dangling down her legs. Her expressions were so serious and frustrated like she had lost something really precious. I wrapped the blanket around her and she clutched it tightly. All the worries were gone now and were replaced with a beautiful smile. She was taking shallow and soft breaths. She looked so much at peace like a dove who was allowed to flee, like a butterfly fluttering through the meadows. I could stare at her like this all my life. Her amusingly charismatic bluish grey depths, her long eye lashes which casted shadows on her cheeks, her dead straight light brown hair falling like a waterfall, her cute little pointed nose which had turned pink due to the cold weather, her soft pink lips as soft as a petal of rose, her perfectly scaled pearl white teeth which would put the emeralds and the rubies to shame, her doe shaped eyes which complimented her features perfectly, her well defined jaw line, even her bare feet looked sexy. The most adorable thing was a small beauty mark right above her lips and one on her collar bone. Everything about her was so perfect. She was a great creation of the greatest artist, carved by God himself, just like a master piece that was very close to the creator's heart.